[DMCForum] Re: Speaking of hybrids...

This is all really fascinating stuff.

I wish I had a "donor" DeLorean that was in rough shape that I could
start from scratch on. I don't have that kind of money or workspace
though.

The thought of our cars being permenantly relegated to the garage
due to prohibitive fuel prices or a lack of fuel in the future makes
me sad. The "car of the future" deserves better.

I had spoken with DML subscriber "Captain Hydrogen" some time ago.
He told me that he was working on ideas for a H2 powered DeLorean.

Rich
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jeff Chabotte" <Jeff@xxxx> wrote:
> That would all be completely unnecessary, anyways. Industrial
electric
> motors generate wnough torque to give you all the acceleration you
could
> need, in some cases if you didn't upgrade the strength of the
gearbozes
> and driveshafts, you'd snap the parts off like a twig. Remember,
this
> thing outruns a ferrari. The diesel motor is just in there for
cruising
> speeds.
>
> During acceleration, the electric motor would be the primary
source..
> Then under normal cruising, it's the diesel that does all the
work. Most
> fuel usage is occuring during acceleration anyways. (hence city
mpg vs
> highway mpg) As long as you make the electric motor do the work
under
> load, then you save all that fuel. And any power lost to the
electric
> motor is then recharged by the system under cruising as with any
normal
> vehicle.
>
> -Jeff Chabotte
> Norwich, CT
> Griff's BMW

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS