Re: [DMCForum] Gas alternatives, then? (Martin)

Check out www.journeytoforever.org for recipies

> I remember long ago you stating American V-8's sounded like diesel
> engines.
> I wonder if you have ever heard one of the large diesel engines used
> in the
> states?  I am just curious about the differences in perception.

Well, it can't be too far removed from the big diesel trucks over here.
Did you know that there's an absolute maximum size a petrol engine's
cylinders can be, but not so a diesel? The largest diesel in the world
is on a container ship - a 12 cylinder, piston engine whose exact specs
escape me, but I remember the cylinders being about 20' tall and 6'
across. Saw it on a rather wonderful tv program called Chris Barrie's
Massive Engines (Red Dwarf star, and the guy who plays Angelina's butler
in the Tomb Raider films) which is a totally unashamed homage to the
world of engines presented in a thoroughly entertaining way by a guy who
clearly loves what he's talking about it,  so much so that even my mum
enjoys it

Martin

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS