Re: [DMCForum] Gas alternatives, then?

Marc Levy wrote:

> ... And one has to wonder why this is not done
> commercially?

It costs more to produce commercially than petrochemical derv.... by
about 20%. But in UK prices, it means about 5p/litre more. Considering
more than 50p is tax at the moment, and the whole argument for tax is
that it discourages use and therefore is good for the environment (which
is bollocks by even the most basic economic argument). Burning
Bio-diesel still pollutes the cities but on a global scale does
absolutely nothing because the emissions are the result of plants that
absorbed those emissions the year before, so no imbalance in CO2.

> Heck, it is almost impossible to even
> buy a diesel in the USA.
>
> (Just spent the weekend replacing the engine in my
> friends F250 Diesel...  Man those things a HEAVY!)

Cast iron blocks, even on modern ones becuase they have to be so much
stronger

Martin

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS