[DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:
> Marc -
>
> > Are you saying that Energy is purely capitalistic?
>
> IMHO, the sale of energy certainly is for-profit in the US.  No
> different from medicine or pharmaceuticals, it's totally a business
> and one that because of its capitalistic edge leaves the lower
> classes "out in the cold" in more ways than one.
<SNIP>

Charity is good and all. But we need to seriously define the line
between charity, and welfare. Just as we need to define the lines
between profit and greed.

I care about the poor and all, having been poor myself. However, I
can't save the world, and I certainly don't want other people to try
at my expense. I'm willing to bet that you're a home-owner, Lauren.
You live in a popular housing market, just the same as I do. So, hows
about I get your property taxes raised, so that I, the poor
unfortunete apartment dweller can get a home of my own? After all,
home ownership is a priority of mine, and increased real-estate prices
had driven up prices so far, that they're out of my reach, and I'm in
no position to buy, thus I am out of the market. So now that I am left
out of the cold, are you willing to sacrifice for me? Will you sell me
your home at a profit loss that is convient for me, versus your own
needs? Because after all, I'm left out in the cold here too, and we
wouldn't silly capitalism to get in the way of me getting in the way
of what I need to acheive my own American Dream, do we?

There are different classes of people. There always has been, and
there always will be. Simple philosophy of Yin and Yang. Some struggle
to move up, some struggle to stay on top. But the important thing is
that they're fighting for something. If everyone was rich, then how
cold we know if we're living the lap of luxury, or the crotch of
poverty? How would we ever keep society moving, if we didn't have
something to struggle against, or some prize to work towards?

No matter what one's political opinions are about oil prices,
supplies, our government, etc., at atleast you're all united together,
and can finally agree on something. Sure you still can't agree on the
root causes, which is understandble, since the media doesn't share
such pertinent information, but at least you're all finally standing
together on something. Which is allot more than opposing political
opinions have done in the past...

-Robert

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS