Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon t

Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

Well,

Fossil fuels will not last forever.  Actually supply
is lagging behind the demand, not keeping up with it.
Like I said, fuel demand is increasing in countries
like India, China, and Russia, taking away from our
supply.

Let's not forget that OPEC is pretty much a monopoly
in itself.  An example is the embargo on oil set by
OPEC in the 70's to countries supporting the Isreali
-Arab war.  It's true OPEC controls the prices as
well.  Oil companies in the US are at the mercy of
OPEC.

There is no one single factor that affects oil prices,
it's a bit of everything, but mainly I think is the
increase of other countries' demands.  Even refinery
costs in the states has an affect on the overal price.

The Iraqi War debate will go on forever, but I am not
hear to give definitive reasoning behind it.  I am a
Veteran of the Iraq conflict and I support Bush.
Sure, this country had its interests in oil, but it
goes beyond that.  Saddam consistently made a mockery
of the international community for over a decade by
not complying with UN resolutions.  The US gave Saddam
many opportinuties to comply, and yet he still refused
UN inspections to take place.  The US had no choice
but to take him out of power, in order to return
stability to the region (granted the political
situation there is still a work in progress) but the
tyrant is gone.  Bush tried to avoid a conflict, but
Saddam persisted.  This country was the only one to
step up to the plate and say "enough is enough".  If
Saddam had not messed around with Kuwait in 91, then
he would more than likely be enjoying his rule in Iraq
right now (even with all his oil).  Also the whole
issue with WMD was a mistake; but, the US suspected it
because Saddam would not allow the inspections to take
place, so naturally, we thought he was hiding
something.  Pretty much Saddam is responsible for why
this whole Iraq conflict started.

I support our troops, and yes, this is war, and lives
are lost.  But there is no draft right now, and when
people join the military, they choose to support the
President and do whatever their country asks of them.

Nearly 2000 troops have been killed in about 2 years
of conflict, ... I would say that is pretty good and
not bad. Sure, every life matters, and it's sad for
the families, but they have to understand serving in
the military isn't just "money for college", it's
risking your life. Compare that to a single day of
fighting in the Pacific theatre of WWII; we lost more
troops there in a few hours of fighting than in this
entire Iraqi war.

The US in my opinion isn't trying to take over Iraq,
our presence is needed until the government
stabalizes.  Just like Japan in WWII, we eventually
left and they continued their autonomous government.
We just need to finish what we started.

-Randy
ViN #5945

--- Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gee,
>
> Gasoline prices keep going up,  but there is no
> shortage of gasoline or
> oil anywhere in the world.  If there is such demand,
> then how come
> supply is keeping up with it  AND THE PRICE KEEPS
> GOING UP.
>

> IF you remember you college economics - THERE IS
> ONLY ONE WAY THIS
> HAPPENS- monopolistic control of prices.
>

> This is only greed by the oil companies supported by
> an oil company
> president.
>
> The only reason we went to Iraq is to steal t heir
> oil- just like the
> British did in 1924.  After ten years, the Iraquis
> pushed out the
> british using a gorilla war tactics.
>
> They are doing the same almost 90 years later.
>
> If we don't learn from history, we are destined to
> repeat it.
>
> The US is making the same stupid mistake that the
> British did.
>

> It is just wrong that over 2000 americans and
> 100,000 Iraquis have lost
> their lives due to the greed of oil people.
>

> BOB

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS