Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon t

Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

> > IMHO, the sale of energy certainly is for-profit in the US. No
> > different from medicine or pharmaceuticals, it's totally a business
> > and one that because of its capitalistic edge leaves the lower
> > classes "out in the cold" in more ways than one.

Robert:

>  I'm willing to bet that you're a home-owner, Lauren.

yes, I am.

> You live in a popular housing market, just the same as I do. So, hows
> about I get your property taxes raised, so that I, the poor
> unfortunete apartment dweller can get a home of my own?

Over my warm and dead body!  I think you're reading some bleeding-
heart liberalism into my comment.  It was purely a statement of fact
and not a lament about the woes of the poor.  I pay enough in
property taxes to support a good part of  druggie and welfare
scamming population in Tucson and I deeply resent it.

> are you willing to sacrifice for me? Will you sell me
> your home at a profit loss that is convient for me, versus your own
> needs?

HAHAHA - absofuckinglylutely not.   No more than I expect
corporations to reduce their profits for my benefit.  I assume that
was your point.

It is the way of capitalism - buy low sell high - make money.  Do I
think it's wrong?  I can't imagine why I should expect the oil
companies to reduce their profits for the sake of my sorry ass.

I wasn't chastising the energy companies for making huge profits.  I
know that will be an extremely unpopular statement, but I've lost
my wide-eyed idealism over the years as I've watched reality rear
its ugly head and kick people in the ass all too often.  I've been poor
and I've had money and I just adjust my lifestyle accordingly without
rejoice or remorse.  As long as I can afford to fill my gastank and
heat/cool my house I will continue to do so and not complain.  As for
the government's role in all this I think it sucks, but I can only fault
them - not the oil companies.

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS