[DMCForum] Re: JZD article, David E. Davis, Automobile magazine article

[DMCForum] Re: JZD article, David E. Davis, Automobile magazine article was tasteles

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Avi Sarfaraz" <asarfaraz@xxxx> wrote:
> I know a guy who used to work for packard, and had met JZD on several
> occasions.
>
> He said that meeting JZD was very pleasurable on all occasions,
although he
> did point out that JZD was the type of person to do the whole
coccaine thing
> to save his company.
>
> Not like my opinon matters.

Who doesn't fit that profile?

JZD had allot on the line. Especially when as he tried to back out of
the drug deal, the lives of his wife and children were threatened. No
one seems to want to remember that part. And in the letter left to his
lawyer, not even JZD believed that he was going to come back from that
business trip to Los Angeles alive.

Why does no one else ever look at this senario, and try to put
themselves into JZD's place? I would have done the same if put into
such a public position, and so would many others.

However, as a side note, JZD also seems to strike me as the type of
person who when given the choice, did the right thing when it came to
other aspects of business. JZD wouldn't ignore safety reports on
vehicles, and let us all drive around in cars that explode on impact,
or flip over at high speeds and ultimately kill people, because a
recall is too expensive. And that is why I hold the man in a far
higher regard than slimy executives like Ed Cole, or Lee Iacocca.

Why do no others make these comparisons as well when it comes to the
man's business dealings? Remember, at least JZD went down fighting. He
didn't close down entire assembly plants simply so that he could
survive. He fell just as the floor workers did too.

-Robert

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS