Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon t

Re: [DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

> It's fucking
> day traders sitting in their home offices, buying
> and selling futures
> on the stock market. When the news talks about
> "fears of terrorism,
> and supply problems", who do you think that they're
> refering to?

Man, thank you.  I agree with Dave to a certain degree
on demands from other countries, but dude, it's
getting bad here.  $0.30-$0.40 in a week?  That's
ridiculous - plain and simple.  All through the 90's
outside of the Gulf War, gas always stayed between
0.88 cents - $1.55 (that I can remember mind you - I'm
not saying that's fact in the record books).  That's
at absolute most a 0.67 cent increase at any one time
in 8+ years.  In one year, it's gone from ave $1.84 to
now $2.43 - a 0.59 cent increase. TOTAL BS.  I don't
care who did what where in which country; I don't care
what storms DIDN'T damage any oil platforms in the
Gulf; I don't care which country's workers striked for
how long; I don't care which country was "threatened"
with terrorist attacks; I don't care how many fricking
butterflys in Brazil flapped their wings too hard to
make gas prices increase or how many polar bears
stumbled in the Arctic to make gas prices increase or
how close Mars or the Moon has been this year to the
Earth to increase gas prices or fricking daylight
savings time adjustments (which if you remember,
analysts even pointed to THAT - WTF?) were modified
that increase gas prices - there have way too many and
beyond belief and reasons and numbers of excuses for
constant oil and gas price increases.

This bubble better burst soon.  Some people sleep
overnight at work in California now; others have to
choose to pay now for high gas prices and later for
high heating bills in the winter, and some HAVE to
choose between one or the other - NOT both. Some
people have to choose between food or gas.  Food or
gas - that is abominable.  Think about transportation
companies, food delivery, postage, freight drivers -
those poor people getting absolutely pillaged.  I'm a
college student trying to get through school with ever
so wonder every year tuition increasements EVERY
semester, and gas going up like this is not helping.

Then you got these wonderful *choose your swear word
infested name here* people who wear $3000 suits at
Wall St. - just totally driving the price beyond
belief, and of course it doesn't affect them with the
profits they make.  Some analysts have said it's 100%
speculation on the last $10 increase.  COMPLETELY
speculative on a $10 incrase....$10/barrel of oil
incrase????  My holy fricking mercy - if I could get
paid like that for speculating on problems - for
example - as to why my fan speeds 1 and 3 in my
DeLorean don't work, geez, I'd be a frickening
quad-drillionaire by now. "Uh, I think it's the
circuit breaker..NONONONONONONO....A/C
resistor...NONONONONONONO...blower
motor....NONONONONONONO...fan speed switch".....

I think the oil companies have a hand in it, but I
think the speculative *insert bad name again here*
investors are the driving force behind it all.  They
speculate, prices go up on crude, oil companies
mislead the public with inaccurate information, prices
go up on gas, we grab our ankles so the speculators
can speculate to drive crude prices, so the prices of
crude oil go up....*circle circle circle*.

If this greed keeps going, I hope everyone involved in
this pillaging of at least 90% of the American
population totally lose everything.  I'm seirous; I
hope every greedy jerk from the oil companies to Wall
St. to the politicians totally go down in
flames....I'll be pouring their $2.43 gallon of gas on
them the whole way to ensure they burn until they hit
the ground..

Gas prices/oil industries - one of my 3 biggest
occupational pet peeves.  Other 2.....?  Cell phone
companies and car insurance.  But those are other
stories.

Jeremiah