[DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

[DMCForum] Re: O/T Gas Prices in California reach $4.10 per gallon today

Dude, fuel costs are just scratching the surface here. Since the early
half of the last century, companies such as GM destroyed mass transit
systems in our cities, so that they could sell busses and motor
vehicles to consumers.

Unfortunetly, we're too far along now to try and reverse any of this.
We don't keep our commercial businesses strictly confined to specific
areas of our cities. Especially since we've lost so much of the
manufacuring industry. So getting mass transit systems to connect to
suburbia is a logistical nightmare. Especially in cities like Las
Vegas and Phoenix where suburbia spread out in a circle like ripples
in a pond, rather than running parelell to prospective train routes.
You'd have to run train lines in a spiral, if light rail were to be
successful. Not to mention to simply keep them runing on time too.

But fuel isn't the problem. Allot of esimates say that the united
states hit peak oil decades ago, and that we mostly rely on foriegn
sources at this point. As I've been told, Texas alone holds about a
200 year supply of crude oil for the US. And that there is allot more
oil under the ocean in the Gulf of Mexico. It's just that many oil
producers are not yet interested in drilling, because the water out
there is so damn hazardous to work in, with all the tropical weather.
Middle Eastern oil is easy for us to extract, because it takes the
least amount of work. So, we'll bleed them dry in the mean time, and
see what we can do to bankrupt their countries in the end. Plus we've
still not even hit up Africa to get their oil reserves. The problem
here is the corporations that are in charge.

Now I'm not saying that corporations are all evil. It's just that too
many old men, who are set in their ways are in charge. Their only
objective is money. These are not people who believe in the old saying
"A penny saved, is a penny earned." Rather they seem to live by the
rule of "A penny saved, is two pennies lost, because I failed to
invest it." There is no humanity involved here with these people. They
know no other way.

It's like when I was in school, and they criticized old voting
systems. You had to be a male land owner in order to vote one
something. The goal here wasn't simply to keep only weathly, white men
in charge, even though some attempted to abuse the system to
perpetuate that ability. It was an effort to keep the weak and
ignorant from ruining and corrupting the system. Now I don't like this
system, myself. It's basicly a collective dictatorship, where you have
to literally pray that only good people come to power. Which is the
reason I don't support it. But there was something there. To keep
people in charge who had working knowlege of what works to keep the
system going. Knowlege of what to act upon, and what to sit tight and
weather the storm through, in order to keep things together.

Now compare that to what we're seeing with these day traders, futures
traders, and speculators. What do these people have to sacrifice?
They're too damn young to know what it was to sacrifice for the war
effort in WW2. They don't know what it's like experience things like
rations, and life without their creature comforts. And just as
importantly, they truely do not know what it is like to live though,
and survive hardship. So you can imagine how scared they become with
just the mere thought of losing their comforts, let alone their
livelyhood. Like Chuck Palahniuk wrote in the book "Fight Club": "We
have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual
war... our Great Depression is our lives." How can we expect these
people who buy and sell our futures to remain confident enough in
keeping our financial markets steady and confident, when they cannot
even remain steady and confident with themselves? Their fear is their
speculation. And we're inheriting it as our financial burdon. And they
just don't care about us, or the other people they hurt.

Now like I said before, companies are not evil entities that exist
solely to screw over the consumer. Rather, they're more like bull
elephants running around. They've got power, but we can harness them
to do what we need. Oil companies will have to learn to adapt to our
needs. And we as a country need to become self-reliant for our own
energy needs. Sugar cane grows wild all-over South America. I say
let's cultivate the same sugar here, and feed it to hogs. We can
refine pig shit and turkey feathers into diesel fuel, and methane gas
for fuel. So let's do it. They don't even need to switch industries.
Just let the oil companies work on the refinement process. And
continue to extract petroleum resources for fertilizer and plastics.
But we'll leave the fuel alone for the most part as we switch over.
And Detroit can remain happy, because we can keep buying internal
combustion engines.

The only thing here is that we've got to get these big corporations to
switch gears. Not an easy task, but an achievable one. We've just got
to get their buy-ins. Prove that the can achieve both profit, and
positive PR to continue doing business with the American people in the
long-term, and we can get them to conduct business in a manner which
benefits everyone.

-Robert

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS