[DMCForum] JZD article, David E. Davis, Automobile magazine article was

[DMCForum] JZD article, David E. Davis, Automobile magazine article was tasteles

According to my records, I spoke to David E. Davis in November 1997. I
called and left a VM and he called my office back and left a VM. Eventually,  after
some small car talk, I spoke with him about the "Dare to  Dream" interview
that I was helping JZD with. His mood changed, in my  opinion.

He pointed out that the DMC-12 has been rejected by car collectors  thus
far, (ha) and what was interesting to him, was the fact that the DMC  is a good
used car, and will never be a serious collectors item,  similar to some
Porsches and Maserati's. He did have some interesting things to  say about the
DeLorean car clubs that were around at the time. Not  interested in the video, end
of conversation. I sent the video to him anyway,  and I never received a reply
if he watched it.

When I spoke to JZD about the conversation, he informed me that It has  been
reported that Dottie Cole, wife of the retired  GM President Ed Cole & Detroit
Society figure, hated  DeLorean and they never get along.

He went on, and in a very tongue & cheek manner replied,  who were Dottie's
girlfriends'  married to, and what did their  husbands do for a living? Work
at an advertising agency, or car magazine?

What is interesting,  David E. Davis and Jean Lindamood-Jennings  (anther
Automobile Magazine writer) wrote nice articles about DeLorean in  the 1960's
1970's and 1981.

When development testing began on the Legend car project (I wish the  spy
photographs of the Legend cars undergoing development tests would turn  up) and
the car was launched in 1981, the automotive enthusiast  magazines changed
their points of view about, the DMC car, JZD, and the  company in late 1981.

Just as an aside, one of the only positive articles written about the car,
when new,  was the December 1981 Road & Track issue...and the author is
nameless/ananamous...check it out.

Sincerely Yours,
Mike Pack

NOTE:   THIS DOCUMENT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND NONPUBLIC INFORMATION.  IT
IS  INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) OR ENTITY(IES) NAMED
ABOVE, AND  OTHERS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE IT.  If you are not the
intended  recipient of this document, you are notified that any review,
dissemination,  distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return
email, delete the electronic message and destroy any printed copies.  Thank
you for your cooperation.

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS