Re: [DMCForum] Top Gear...

> I think it has more to do with being cost-effective since the tooling
> already exists.  In my example I was only referring to the Corvette
> being up
> against the Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

But you can go for a Pagani Zonda or McLaren Merc SLR for twice the
price again, but is it twice as good?

> One of the problems with some vehicles, like the Lotus since you mentioned
> that one, is support.  The nearest Lotus dealer with support, which I know
> of, is a three-hour one-way drive.

Well the Exige and the Elise are really easy to work on yourself, and
will be quite familiar to a DeLorean owner in general construction
(everything bonded or bolted and Lotus' pathalogical love for rivnuts),
and the Elise is about as simple as you can get and very reliable.

> Speaking of the show Top Gear, it seems to have starting running here
> recently.  They have made a few changes for the American market but it
> is a
> very interesting show.

I bet you won't see the reviews of the american cars - they're rather
rude about them!

> I had never heard of that Swedish super car before.

Koenigsegg?

http://www.koenigsegg.com/

Oh yes, that hit the ground running, didn't it? I love the doors but for
one blinding design flaw..... you can't park next to a kerb as the doors
swing down to a mere 2" from the floor!!! If I remember that show
correctly, it's about 3 series' ago and the Koenigsegg got the top time
around the track? It's since been beaten by the Murcelago (can't be
bothered to spell that) and a few more, some quite surprising.

> I have wanted to ask you how this show is regarded over there?  One show I
> saw recently was the $3k Porsche challenge.  That was very cool!

One of the, if not the top rated show on BBC2

I'll finish off with a nice piccy of an R34 Godzilla for you (although
thi sis a mere GTS and not a GTR, but they' look pretty much the same)

http://www.skylinegts.co.uk/DDave.htm

Martin

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS