[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle? (Greg)

The Space Shuttle is just like a European automobile -- overpriced,
fussy & temperamental, difficult and expensive to maintain, too small
to be useful, unreliable away from home, falling apart prematurely
(have I left anything out?).

ATTN Martin: flame alert, flame alert.

It's like all the new aircraft that were supposed to revolutionize our
military. What's the backbone of SAC -- good old B-52. Vietnam era
C-130's are the workhorse in Iraq (with Vietnam era C-141's and C-5's
thrown in for good measure). CH-47 is still the SEALS helicopter of
choice (can't blame them -- I'd shoot myself in the foot before I flew
in a Blackhawk). Air Force is still flying the Electra (Orion) for
crying out loud. KC-135 too.

Perhaps there's a reason all this vintage equipment is being kept
around -- according to today's AP, F-18's are suffering an excessive
number of brake failures upon landing. Doesn't anyone build anything
right anymore?

And you all have the gall to question my choice of tried & true fuel
metering technology...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> >They have had a couple of failures, but nothing like the Shuttle.
> <snip>
> >Bill Robertson
>

> I can't even try to wrap my mind around that statement.  What do you
mean?

> Greg

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS