[DMCForum] Gullwing Calendars

I guess this is a good time to get my plug in on the Gullwing
Calendars.

We have done this for the last three years and have most of our pics
in place for the 2006 calendar.  Our offer has always been a FREE
calendar to the person who submits a pic that we select.  Plus... no
freight!

Our calendars are printed in-house on a very high quality color laser
printer (the one used for our magazine).  To print anything other
than what you can sell is just a waste of calendars... they are only
good for so long and then you cant give them away!  We have had some
very awesome pics submitted but it is very difficult to get 12 good
ones a year.  We take a lot of pics for the magazine and in many
cases we will use some of these for the calendar.

Profit wise... not bad, but nothing great.  I figured everyone in the
D community would want one... NOT!  This is not going to make you
much if any money so be prepared to do it for the reason we do... we
love the car.

And as to the question of why 4 mags?  We announced ours several
years ago when everyone was down on DeLorean World and wanted
something different.  Shortly after that... 2 more popped up... go
figure.  Interestingly, all 4 mags have a different read and varing
content.  Ours tends to follow the custom D's although we cover it
all.  Of course, now the problem is how many D owners can afford to
subscribe to four mags?  Not many.

And as far as "one" parts vendor... its almost that way anyway.  DMC
California, P.J. Grady, and D1 have been getting their parts from
Houston.  Only real independents I see are SpecialtAuto and DeLorean
Parts Northwest.

Anyway, Ive rambled enough.  Visit our website if you get a chance.
www.gullwingmagazine.com

Michael, good luck on your venture... "live your dream"

Ron
Gullwing-magazine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS