[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean Space Shuttle?

I'm pretty tired of NASA myself. It's not that I don't think that they
don't do important work, because despite what it may seem like, I am
pretty keenly interested. However, I just don't think that the folks
over at NASA are properly motivated.

What kind of retirement & salary packages are these people paid?
Rather than straight job security for these people, let's just put
them onto a profit-sharing plan tied in with their budgets and
performance, or contract out to a corporate management firm. It sucks
IMO that when NASA has to ask the government for additional funding,
they're able to converse with people on a budget commitee who may not
be as knowlegable about thier work as they are. These people need to
be put onto performance plans, or risk getting terminated.

This whole grounding space flights for the forseable future is
absolute non-sense. And it pisses me off that NASA is so willing to
just let the Hubble Space Telescope just plummet back to Earth and
destroy itself.

If NASA gains any new equipment in the future, their first item needs
to be a "Bottom Line".

-Robert