[DMCForum] Re: Hartman AR / Horn

I haven't done it yet, myself. But I believe that one of the DML
moderators may have done this. Otherwise, it's not a difficult
proposition. You could splice the wires under the dash, right above
the steering column, and install the relay there.

Depending, I imagine that you could either run a fused line directly
back from the fuse box as a common source for any other additional
accessories that you may wish to install upfront. Or, you should be
able to instert a spliced connector right into the wire that powers
the cigarette lighter, without cutting any stock harness. You'd just
have to fish the line, but you could take advantage of a stock fuse
that's already installed.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Where'd you splice the fuse & relay in at?
>
> -Ryan
>
> On 8/4/05, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas@xxxx> wrote:
> > Be real careful about that. My stock horns were fine, albeit alot
> > quieter than the replacements. I upgraded mine, and they worked for a
> > while, until they became sporadic, and then just died on me. Turned
> > out the wire connecting into the steering column switch assembly
> > melted. Somewhere in the line, there was a short.
> >
> > Replacing the horns after 20 years is a good idea, but you also want
> > to check your wiring connections, as well as install a fuse & relay to
> > protect the switch.
> >
> > -Robert
> >

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Josh -
> > >
> > > That's how my horns sounded for the past year. Sick, straining to
> > > blow, a bit scratchy. I was embarassed to honk at anything. Then
they
> > > both up and died just recently.
> > >
> > > -Ryan

> > Yahoo! Groups Links