Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off

So you protect your life, liberty and property by shooting someone who
infringes apon it.

So that's one dead criminal vs one alive criminal. You may argue the
former is better. I disagree

BTW I'm anti capital punishment too, and for once, my belief has
religion as its basis, so Bill and I should be shoulder to shoulder on
that too!

We DO still have armed response units.

Martin

Ryan Wright wrote:

> Your logic is backwards. Criminals don't buy guns to defend themselves
> from the police. They buy them to commit crimes. The police,
> therefore, need them to even the odds.
>
> Since none of your policemen have guns, I'm guessing an individual
> could do an awful lot of damage. If a criminal has a gun and the cops
> don't, what can they do? They try to arrest him, he shoots them and
> moves on. Enough ammo and it seems someone could go on a city wide
> rampage, immune to police response.
>
> -Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS