Re: [DMCForum] Digest Number 1672

Your up in Canada if I remember correctly?
My wife is from Kitchener, nice place.
There is almost ZERO chance of a gang member pulling you out of your car at
gun point,
popping you in the head and driving off with your car....with the family in
it.

A good friend of mine was on his way to work one day, a black guy in a black
neighborhood.
While at a stop light a thug ran up to his open window with a small .25
caliber gun
and demanded the car....my buddy began to panic and just floored it.
As he was driving away the thug fired 5 times at his head.
Believe it or not, all 5 weak rounds bounced off his skull but caused some
major trauma.
He survived but with major brain damage that eventually killed him a year
later.
I sure do miss him.
This happened not 500 feet from the house I used to live at on Lancaster, in
Fort Worth.

This sort of thing happens EVERY DAY in America.
The thing that many anti-gun people don't know is that criminals are NOT
buying guns at stores.
So all these gun laws have no effect on them.
They are buying black market on the street, either stolen or imported.

The problem is here and we are stuck with it.
God forbid you are ever in a situation like this, and maybe you wish you had
a gun on you
while you are being stabbed, or raped, or held hostage and cut up into
little pieces.
...as for me, I plan to protect myself.
Texas laws allow citizens to have concealed handgun permits.
That little old lady might have a .45 in her handbag, so you better leave
her alone.
I find it to be effective, because most of the gun crimes being committed
are against
criminal to criminal gangland activities.

Just as I THOUGHT my car was safe were it was and in a blink it was robbed,
so may you be on your way to the car some night.
So now this same guy who robbed my car now has a stolen pistol
(that's how they get them)
What happens to the next guy who catches him in the act of robbing him
and he pulls the pistol? Unless you also have one and are quicker on the
draw
you could wind up dead!
That's how all this happens!
A nice pocket .22 could mean the difference in who's chalk line gets drawn.

The problem with "gun security" is, if I have it padlocked and in a safe all
the time
it makes it sort of hard to have handy when someone jumps you.
If you can't get to it right away what good is it?
"Mr. criminal, please wait while I figure out the combination to this safe
while
I am trembling and then find my keys to unlock this gun, then load it, cock
it
and get it ready to fire....you can hold a few minutes right?"

I have this .50 caliber hand cannon right here on the desk, in plain sight
next
to my mouse. It is ready anytime for action.
Lucky for me it is getting dusty and rusty....but just in case, it will sit
here.

Just my opinion.
- VB