Re: [DMCForum] The 2nd Amendment

Your absolutely right about all these things Bob, I agree.
Since we can't control the cause or the cure, all we can do is play along.

Take some time to watch a few of the "Faces of Death" tapes,
the more you realize how fragile life is the more you will treasure it.

My wife is a ER nurse and works in some tough emergency rooms.
She see's all the terror that is out there come rolling in all the time.
I admit, it sucks that it has to be this way...but it IS this way and we are
stuck with it.
Until it happens to YOU it is hard to grasp the opinion.

I will also say that I am all for better forms of non-lethal protection.
-VB

>From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DMCForum] The 2nd Amendment
>Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:03:02 -0500
>
>This whole gun level thing is nothing but a diversion taking people's
>attention from the real social issues.
>
>The real problem lies in WHY people use weapons.   Why are there gangs?
>    Teenage unemployment is the higher level it has been since the end of
>WWII.
>
>Why are there so many poor people that resort to violence to survive?
>
>The closet best example of this is Ireland.
>
>There was so much violence there year ago, because unemployment varied
>from 25-50%.   Catholic's gave cathoic's jobs and protestants gave
>protestants jobs.
>
>JZD was the first employer to employ both together.   (Though he did
>have separate entrances.)
>

>In  the last 5 years,  the EU has spend over a billion dollars in
>Ireland to create jobs.   Unemployment is now less than 10%.
>
>Gee, no more violence!
>

>Weapons makers  (aka defense contractors) make money by supporting
>conditions that generate violence.  THey have no interest in peace or
>jobs (except for the rich executives.)
>

>Unemployment in Palestine is 50%.  Gee, does not take a genus to figure
>out why there is some much violence there.
>
>Remember the US supports the Israel economic with over $15,000,000,000
>in free foreign aid.  That's over $2000 per Israeli citizen.   I wish
>some one would give me $2,000 per year for doing nothing.
>
>Think the Palestinians would be a lot happier if they had the same
>level of free money.   Think this money would stimulate their economy
>and get  rid of the violence.
>

>The gun issue is a scam.    It only hides t he real social problems.
>

>BOB

De lorean Delorean part Delorean cadillac

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS