Re: [DMCForum] Digest Number 1672

Marv,

> Let me tell you that I do own guns, and believe I have the right to own one.
> However, they are locked and secure at my home. My family is a different
> story.

Why do you have them? Would you have enough time, if someone broke
into your home, to get to one of your guns, unlock it and fire a shot?

> Would you point the gun at another human and shoot him,  if he had a knife?

Yep. I'd fill him with holes. You wouldn't? Someone pulls a knife and
threatens to kill you, and you wouldn't defend yourself with lethal
force? I would, and in my state the law is on my side.

> What do you have that is so valuable that a bullet is the
> answer

Your life, perhaps?

Someone pulls a weapon on me, I don't care what they're demanding. If
I have the opportunity I will kill them before they kill me. If the
alternative is handing them my wallet and they run away with it, I'll
kill them anyway. Not because life in general is worthless to me, but
because that particular life is worthless. If someone would pull a
weapon on me for my wallet then he will do it to someone else. And
eventually, a robbery will go sour and he will kill an innocent
person. Better that I exercise my right to fill him with holes so he
doesn't get that chance.

Think about what is more important. His life? Or the life of someone's
brother, sister, husband, wife, mother, father, whom he later kills
because he doesn't have a problem robbing people at knifepoint? And
how do I know, if I comply with his demands and hand him my wallet,
how do I know he won't kill me anyway?

I don't. So I would take the most logical course of action to protect
my life and the lives of his future victims.

Meanwhile, I pray this never happens to me so I don't get the chance
to make that decision.

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS