Re: [DMCForum] Re: Ripped Off

James,

> That is the most irresponible thing I've heard in a long time, VB.
> Before now I just thought you were socially inept - now I realize
> you're beyond redemption. I'm sure any sane person can think a number
> of scenerios in which your fake gun could be used that could result in
> the injury, death, or at least serious mental/emotional trauma of an
> innocent person.

VB isn't my favorite person, but I have to jump to his defense here.
This is a bullshit argument, and I'll tell you why: Anyone can buy
these fake guns on eBay.

Do you know why having a firearm stolen is a bad deal? Because a lot
of people can't legally buy them. So if you leave one in a situation
where it is easily stolen, you're an irresponsible twit. You've just
allowed someone who probably could not legally purchase one to get
their hands on one.

VB's replica is a totally different matter. If the guy didn't steal
it, he could just go buy one. So who cares? If you're going to get on
his case for letting a random person get ahold of it, what about the
thousands of vendors who sell the exact same gun to anyone with a
hundred bucks? You should also be angry with our congressmen for
allowing them to be sold at all. Now, see how silly it is to call VB
irresponsible over this?

> You make it out like you'd kill someone if they hurt your precious
> Delorean. Get your priorities straight, man. I don't car how guilty or
> not-worthy-of-life/freedom any individual is - for you to hurt or kill
> them for messing with your CAR is just disgusting. Beyond that I doubt
> you have guts to actually do it - and further I doubt you have the
> emotional strength to endure the guilt that you'd feel afterwards.
> Grow up.

Again, I'm backing Robert up. If I woke up in the middle of the night
and found someone in my garage, stealing my DeLorean, I'd draw my 9mm.
And if he made any aggressive moves toward me I'd riddle him with
holes and I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS