[DMCForum] Re: Why Arguing With Martin Is Like Arguing With My Ex-Wife

[DMCForum] Re: Why Arguing With Martin Is Like Arguing With My Ex-Wife

Not to be particular, but *YOU* introduced the concept of piss into
the argument in Message #27738:

"I tell you what, Bill. You've just dropped an absolute classic
American clanger in that last paragraph. The sort that's continually
joked about on British TV when taking the piss out of George Bush (or
any given American in the firing line at the time"

This is why arguing with you is so maddening -- you introduce elements
into the argument, then claim your opponent was responsible for
introducing them. Just like my ex-wife...

I know full well what "pissed" means over there. Remember: I spent a
year in a British university.

If you don't like its inclusion in the argument, here's a novel
suggestion: don't introduce it in the first place!

Urp.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
> So it _IS_ true that you never actually read my posts. I wouldn't
bother
> if it weren't for the amusement I'm sure our fights cause other people.
>
> BTW "pissed" means someting else here...
>
> http://www.english2american.com/dictionary/p.html#pissed
>
> The single overriding image I get when taking on any discussion with
you
> Bill, is of a 5-year-old, fingers in ears, eyes shut, shouting "I can't
> hear you! Blah blah blah blah!"
>
> Martin
>
> content22207 wrote:
>
> > Oh dear, do we need to go all the way back to the beginning?
> >
> > To save time: This is the Reader's Digest Condensed Version:
> >
> > Martin: Why do they still use those dirty old double decker buses in
> > London?
> >
> > Bill: Because they are uniquely suited to City Center, so much so that
> > Brits themselves call them "London Buses."
> >
> > Martin: Bullocks -- you're full of piss.
> >
> > Bill: I am not, you are.
> >
> > Martin: Any red London Transport bus is technically a "London Bus".
> >
> > Bill: Yes, but those dirty old buses you first complained about are so
> > distinctive to the city that Brits themselves call them "London Buses"
> > versus simple "double decker buses" found elsewhere in the country.
> >
> > Martin: Double bullocks -- you have twice as much piss.
> >
> > Darren: I'm British, and I agree with Martin.
> >
> > Bill: I've spent more than 12 months in Great Britain over a quarter
> > century, and BRITS THEMSELVES told me those "dirty old buses" (AEC
> > Routemasters) are known as far away as Scotland as "London Buses."
> >
> > Bill: Here's a website that says the exact same thing.
> >
> > Martin: Treble bullocks -- piss is now running out your ears, just
> > like George the Younger.
> >
> > Marc: Would you two knock it off -- we need the bandwidth to discuss
> > Bob's cooling fans and the crappy DeLorean in Florida.
> >
> > Bill: The nice people in southwest England themselves told me
> > Devonshire is known as "Devonshire", just as the nice people in
> > Scotland themselves told me Routemasters are known as "London Buses."
> >
> > Martin: Quadruple bullocks -- you need to start bottling your piss as
> > selling it on the open market.
> >
> > Bill: Here's a website that says the exact same thing.
> >
> > Mark: Did someone just mention the crappy DeLorean in Florida?
> >
> > Bill: Quiet -- Martin and I are in the middle of a pissing contest.
> >
> > Robert: Doesn't everything Americans know about Great Britain come
> > from imported comedy anyway?
> >
> > Bill: Quiet -- Martin and I are in the middle of a pissing contest.
> >
> > Bill: OK I give up -- Martin has more piss than me.
> >
> > Martin: And my bladder can be compared to a Walnut, thank you very
much.

> > Dave: Did someone mention double decker buses?
> >
> > Greg: Quiet -- we're discussing Martin's bladder now.
> >
> > Bill Robertson

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS