[DMCForum] Tracking people down & recovering money

[DMCForum] Tracking people down & recovering money

The topic of recovering money from deadbeats has sparked a new
interest in my finding the kid who ran me off the road in 2001. I have
a small claims judgment against him for a little over $500. However,
he seems to have disappeared, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me
any advice to (a) find him, and (b) recover my money.

Here's what I've got:

First & last name
Address from 2001
Girlfriend's name & address from 2001
Phone # from 2001 (long ago disconnected)
State ID (photo ID) card number (same as driver's license number, only
without the actual license to drive)
License plate number (believe it was his girlfriend's car, though)

I'm quite good at finding info on the Internet, but he doesn't seem to
exist. He's not listed in any phone books. So I did a little searching
tonight, made several dozen phone calls, and finally found someone who
knows him. Apparently he lived in Tacoma for some period of time, as
he is listed there. I played like I was a friend of his. The person on
the other end of the line said she hadn't talked to him in about a
month. She wasn't positive of his age, either, but when I mentioned
his (apparently ex) girlfriend's name, and that he was "23-24 years
old", she said, "Yep, that's him."

She took my (false) name and (real) phone number and said the next
time she talks to him, she will have him call me. Obviously he will
have no idea who I am because the name I gave her is bullshit, but
maybe curiosity will get the better of him. If he does call, though,
what should I tell him? I'm thinking of a great story about owing him
money, I can tie his ex into it somehow (perhaps a contest she signed
them both up for, and they won, but we can't find her, and it's been a
year and we need to award the money so can I please just have your
address to send a check?). I figure that would get him to give me an
address.

Any thoughts? And if I do get his address, where do I go from there?

-Ryan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS