RE: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

RE: [DMCForum] Re: My Delorean is for sale

I have only been half assed following this thread, because I hate online
politics....
but I have been looking at the auction and the pictures, and there is a lot
here
that is contradictory.
I don't think the seller is trying to be deceptive, but is simply naive.

One quote:
"The only thing I?d recommend improving is to put on a new Lexan windshield,
or go back to glass"
After looking at photos of the car, it appears that all of the glass has
been removed
and replaced with plexiglass or Lexan.

I seem to remember something being said about the car being rolled at some
point,
so if that is the case then there is massive body damage that is being
covered up
with that hideous paint job.
This also explains what happened to all the glass.

Considering that all the original glass has been replaced with lexan, then
it would
stand to reason that the windows don't work and that the outline of the side
windows in the photos were drawn with a magic marker.
(Look at the photo of the inside of the passenger door, and tell me if
you notice anything missing, like the window brace?

Also, the seller claims to have removed things like the "lock solenoids" but
also
claims the car has "power locks" as well as all the other normal features of
a DeLorean which I can only assume also do not work.

The seller claims that the car features "tinted glass".
Where?
Where is the glass? Where is the tint?
The windows are clear as water.

I don't know man, I would run from this car like a bear on fire.
It might run OK, but the work to restore it is going to be a huge task.
Unless of course you have always wanted a half black, half green DeLorean
with a fluorescent green frame!
...let's not forget that this car has over 100K miles on it!

I don't know man, the car looks scary to me.
It is hard to determine what is what when there is so much contradiction
within the ad.
I feel sorry for who ever buys this car....they have a lot of work to do.

- VB