[DMCForum] Re: Article on Hagerty Insurance's website

[DMCForum] Re: Article on Hagerty Insurance's website

Dang!!! When I had State Farm on my truck and tried to get my D
covered by them they didn't even know what a DeLorean was. You have
smart generous people. I have dumbed tight wads.Same goes for Farm
Bureau after a year and two cars later they still try to insure my S-
10 which they sold to a salvage yard.

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have State Farm as well and have been with them for 20 years and
am
> what they cal a Guarantee Renew which I was told they don't offer
> anymore and I carry $0.00 deductables.   and believe me, they care
> who I am when I am on the other end of the phone.  In my recent
> vandalism disaster, they initial sai many tings were maintainence
> issues, but after talking with me and my regular mechanic and a
> Delorean Vendor, they have , and are reparing everything on the
car.
> NEarly $12K with zero from me...
>
> Best part is its under comprehensive so rates can't go up and I
can't
> be dropped.....SWEEEET
>

> Michael Q
>

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > Derek, they screwed me on my Fiero. Offered me 1/4 of the car's
> > value by showing me ads for beat up 4 cylinder cars (mine was a
GT
> > with a new 3.1l engine transplant, in near perfect condition). So
> > found dozens and dozens of custom Fieros, like mine, for sale on
the
> > Internet. Brought in a huge stack of paper to prove "This is what
it
> > will cost me to replace my car; therefore, this is what my car is
> > worth."
> > The response was: None of my work counts. They are all "asking
> > prices" and therefore invalid. I'd have to get "certified bills
of
> > sale" for the cars in question. Well, just how the hell do you
get
> > something like that for private party sales? You don't, and they
> > know it.  Further, I was basically of the understanding that even
> if
> > I could get the info, it too would be deemed "invalid" based on
> some
> > technicality.
> > I only wanted high book value for a high book car. They insisted
on
> > paying low book. I fought and fought and fought and got a little
> more
> > than half the car's value when all was said and done.
> > I'd been a customer of the same agent for over 8 years with no
> claims
> > (other than a couple of towing incidents) at the time this
happened.
> > My parents had been customers (of the same agent) for over 20
> years.
> > I like our agent, they are great people, but when it comes to
claims
> > your State Farm insurance agent can't do a damn thing to help
you. I
> > tried, they said they had zero power to do anything for me, and I
> had
> > to deal with the claims office who didn't give a crap who I was,
how
> > long I'd been with them, etc. I was just another Joe off the
street
> > to them and their job was to screw me as long and as hard as
> > possible.
> > >
> > > -Ryan
> >

> > > On 6/1/05, lakelanier20 <derek4567@xxxx> wrote:
> > >With the insurance thread going on right now on the DML, I've
read
> > >good and bad things about State Farm.  One person says State
Farm