[DMCForum] God & DeLorean - Actually "on topic"

[DMCForum] God & DeLorean - Actually "on topic"

Even though I wasn't apart of the prior non-religion thread pact I was honoring
it just to be nice. I was reminded of JZD's funeral after reading the recent God
posts the other day and past weeks.

At John DeLorean's viewing/wake one of his brother's (Jack DeLorean) was passing
out little Gideon New Testament Bibles to people here and there with a page in
the back in memory of John. He also prepared an open letter which is below.

Warning: The Marcs, Avis, VBs & Jordans may not like the following one bit, even
Father Walt or Brother Bill may theologically disagree. Read at own risk. I'm
merely posting for those who may actually be interested & the fact that it is
technically an "on topic" God post (being about the man & his family). I will now
pretend to crawl back into the Kansas commune in which Jordan thinks I live ;-)

Shannon Y
16506

---------------------
"quote"

Statement of Jack Z. DeLorean   3-23-05
Permission granted for publication in entirety only.

To Set the Record Straight

John was not the only one on trial in the cocaine incident, our government was
also on trial.

Is there anyone on the face of the Earth that is above temptation? What can you
say about an FBI that plants an illegal substance seeking to entrap and accuse a
person of a crime?

Does not Scripture instruct that temptation comes from Satan and does not the
very name Satan mean ?accuser?? Does not Satan tempt people and then accuse them
before God? How is that different from what the FBI did? John was acquitted but
the FBI was convicted of moral crime.

When Muslim leaders call our great country the great Satan, are they entirely
wrong? When we have slaughtered over 40 million of our unborn children, those
that would eliminate the social security deficiency we read about every day, what
is wrong here? Has any nation in history done such a thing? They talk about a
woman?s right to choose, what about the baby?s right to live? Is it any wonder
that we are exporting our nation?s wealth and, as Warren Buffet says, are we
headed toward a ?Sharecropper?s Society??

God says ?Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.?
Are we on the way down? This great county has a Judeo-Christian foundation, but
it is crumbling. Should we repair the foundation before the house collapses?

John?s downfall was not the worst thing that ever happened to him; it was the
best. The FBI was not responsible for John?s problems; our family and all those
who prayed for him are responsible. The FBI trap failed but the Hound of Heaven
did not fail. It was no coincidence that financing was arranged in New York at
precisely the time he walked into the FBI snare in L.A. This incident brought him
into Christ?s kingdom and that is a bargain at any price.

God?s ways are not our ways, nor are his thoughts our thoughts, for as high as
the heavens are above the earth are His ways and thoughts above ours. Scripture
tells us not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are
called. Christ says ?It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle,
than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.? ?By humility and the fear
of the Lord are riches and honor and life.?

John, by his own admission, was anything but humble before his fall. It was a
difficult road for him but, with God?s grace, he overcame. Christ says, ?He that
overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my
son.? All things are made by Christ and are the property of Christ. Christ gives
joint ownership to all believers. If we are too proud to come to Christ, we?ll
never know Him. Before his fall, John would day ?I don't like to ask God for
anything.? He really was saying, as are many others, I don?t need God.

John, along with every born again believer in Christ, is now wealthy beyond all
imagination. He made his best deal ever when he accepted Christ.
We celebrate Christmas and Easter. But how many today have actually accepted
God?s gift of His only begotten Some for he redemption of their soul? The Bible
says ?For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God?, that is, failed to
exhibit God?s character. ?The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is
eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.?

The Bible tells us that if we believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that
he died to pay the price for our sins and arose from the dead for our
justification, we need only ask for His forgiveness and we receive eternal life.
?But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of
God...? What?s hard to understand about that?

We are very grateful to the Lord Jesus Christ for John?s, and our, salvation.

"end quote"