[DMCForum] Re: Climate control fan & hot relays

[DMCForum] Re: Climate control fan & hot relays

Ryan and Gang - For all of you DIY guys (Do It Yourself), we have a
great little kit that allows you to do a modification to the cooling
fan circuitry that seems to be "bullet proof" based on my personal
experience.  This mod removes the fan fail relay, and then
rearranges the wiring a bit so that each cooling fan runs off of a
separate relay.  This lowers the electrical strain on the relays,
and creates a redundancy so that if one circuit fails for some
reason, the other one will still run, and get you home.  Our kit
contains (2) 40 amp relays, (2) 40 amp circuit breakers (for both
the cooling fans and the A/C fan), and my usual detailed
instructions.  I did this mod on Winged1 over 10 years ago, and have
had absolutely no issues with either the cooling or A/C fans.  Email
me off-list to get information on ho to order it.  Just to calm your
fears ... it's around fifteen bucks, and takes about an hour if
you're careful.

PS - All the talk about RPM relays - They have been failing often in
the fleet recently.  We have them in stock.  If this relay goes bad,
you're stopped until you replace it or bypass it (temporarily to get
home).

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com