[DMCForum] Re: Installing a Non-Zilla remote lock system.

[DMCForum] Re: Installing a Non-Zilla remote lock system.

Hi Andrew

I appreciate the help.  Here's some more info on the remote system.

The remote system has essentially 7 key wires - 12v, ground
and then 2 wires for unlock and 2 wires for lock - there is a 7th
wire with a 15amp fuse labelled (GUN NO) which the instructions say
wire to a constant 12v. supply.

UNLOCK
green/white (Labeled - UNLOCK COMCH1 on the diagram) - produces a
12volt pulse when you click "unlock" on the hand held remote.  I got
this reading putting it on the positive lead of the multimeter with
meter grounded on the lock module wiring harness (black wire).
green/orange (Labeled - UNLOCK NC CH2 on the diagram) - doesn't seem
to produce any voltage pulse when you click the hand held remote.

LOCK
blue/white (Labeled - LOCK COM on the diagram) - produces a 12volt
pulse when you click "lock" on the hand held remote.
blue/orange (Labeled - LOCK NC on the diagram) - doesn't seem to
produce any voltage pulse when you click the hand held remote.

Hope the additional information helps.

Any ideas which wires should connect to the lock module?

thanks

Mike

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 May 2005, mydelorean wrote:
>
> > The trigger lines are wired to the Pink/Red and Pink/Slate lines -
the
> > older owner said he never could get it to work.  Should they be
on the
> > brown/slate and brown/pink lines instead?
>
> The red/pink and red/slate wires are the ones that actually power
the door
> lock solenoids (look at the lower right hand corner of the wiring
diagram
> to find these).  The only way that could be working is if your
keyless
> system is producing a *positive* output and not a negative one, and
even
> in that case, it would work only if your keyless box could deliver
> pretty massive current, as those solenoids are current hogs.  This
may
> well be why your fuses are blowing.
>
> You probably need to find out whether your keyless box is producing
> positive or negative trigger.  If it's positive, you're connected
to the
> right places, but I seriously doubt it can handle the load.  If
it's
> negative, you're not hooked into the right wires (the brown/pink
and
> brown/slate wires will let the lock module's relay handle
positively
> powering the solenoids, which is really the right way to do this
anyway).

> You should be able to determine with a multimeter which type of
output the
> box is producing if you can't find specs online.
>
> If you want the no headache, guaranteed to work solution, you might
want
> to yank out the old system and install something like the Wings-a-
Loft