[DMCForum] Re: Does the lock module know anything?

[DMCForum] Re: Does the lock module know anything?

Andrew - As the designer, perhaps I should chime in here.  I have
noted on several cars that there is some degree of interference
between some of the lock rods and door structure.  If you watch
carefully while you cycle the locks (taking precautions as noted in
the instructions), you may see lock rods rubbing on the grab handle
brackets, or other structure or bracketry.  The interference is
resolved by bending the rods slightly, grinding the brackets, or a
combination of the two steps.  In regards to the actuator rod angle,
I would recommend that you put a slight bend it it so that it is
parallel to the forward lock rod where you attach them together with
the clamp block.  The picture in the instructions shows it bent
slightly.  This seems to allow it to work a little smoother.  It is
also possible to eliminate the forward lock from the equation while
still keeping the actuator rod in place.  I can send you a picture of
that modification if you'd like.  Please feel free to email me either
on or off the Forum and we can sort out the issues that you are
finding.  You will enjoy the Elite very much, by the way.

As an open comment to all, if you have a speciic problem or question
with any particular vendors parts or procedures, the first place you
should go is that vendor.  Just a thought to save time and get the
best answer possible.  Life is good!

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:

> I did that, and it's helped a little, but not enough.  It looks
like the difficulty is primarily in pulling the front lock
mechanism.  I know some people have in the past settled for
disconnecting the front lock when it causes problems, but that's not
an option here due to the way DPNW's kit hooks on.

> The problem seems to be exacerbated by the angle of the connecting
rod in the DPNW kit.  Did you find that you needed to bend the rod a
little to bring the rods more into alignment?  Any tips here for what
works best?

> I'm tired of fighting with the keyless entry receiver I've got.
It's not behaving right (even electrically internally, and I think
it's causing its own problems here.  I think it's time to upgrade to
the Wings-a-Loft Elite.  :)