Re: [DMCForum] Re: Does the lock module know anything?

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, therealdmcvegas wrote:

> After installing the kit on someone else's car, I can tell you that you
> shouldn't have problems of any sort on it. The wiring is uber-
> siomplistic, and the system is damn efficient. The door actuators are
> far superior to solenoids.

I did that, and it's helped a little, but not enough.  It looks like the
difficulty is primarily in pulling the front lock mechanism.  I know some
people have in the past settled for disconnecting the front lock when it
causes problems, but that's not an option here due to the way DPNW's kit
hooks on.

The problem seems to be exacerbated by the angle of the connecting rod in
the DPNW kit.  Did you find that you needed to bend the rod a little to
bring the rods more into alignment?  Any tips here for what works best?

I'm tired of fighting with the keyless entry receiver I've got.  It's not
behaving right (even electrically internally, and I think it's causing its
own problems here.  I think it's time to upgrade to the Wings-a-Loft
Elite.  :)

-andrew