[DMCForum] Re: Replace Pilot Bearing (Remating the Transmission)

[DMCForum] Re: Replace Pilot Bearing (Remating the Transmission)

Did you use a proper transmission jack or a floor jack? Was the car
level or rear end high?

Perhaps I have a slightly malformed or mismatched input shaft -- even
with the engine on the ground, remating the transmission was a bear.

My previous clutch disc did come out with totally uneven wear: to the
rivets on one side and hardly touched on the other. Obviously was not
sliding free on the input shaft (the new discs slid fine by hand
before mating).

And yes, both block roll pins were in place.

If there was some disagreement between the Renault block and my
transmission, I'm hoping the Peugeot block mated better. Do not want
to do this again anytime soon.

I was just stunned that the splines would bend & fold with absolutely
no perceivable resistance, using a stubby length wrench no less.

Bill Robertson