[DMCForum] Re: Religion on the Forum

What I meant in the 7th paragraph, is that those corruptable
individuals whom use religion as a tool to further their own means,
have different ways of securing their stronghold, than others in other
countires do. Especially against individuals or groups whom they deem
as a threat to their positions of power. Sometimes they burn you at
the steak as a heritic, in the middle east, they may stone you to
death. Here in American, they will simply go after your reputation, in
an attempt to discredit you at the very least, or destroy your carreer
at the very most. And they use the "mob mentality" to reinforce their
beliefs. Such as we currently see with the battle to keep Evolutionary
Theory in high school text books.

But the means are always the same. Use fear to try and force people to
flock to you. Like Jerry Falwell who said that God had allowed the
acts of 9/11 to transpire, because America had brought this upon
themselves. Take a look at both the quotes that he said, and his quick
retracting of his statements as well:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/

So basicly is a statement based half upon personal anger, and half
upon the fact that if people believe that he's right, they'll flock to
him, to further feed his financial and political power. Cripes!
Looking at this guy's website, his index page twice asks for your money!

I can understand taking in donations into a ministry to pay for
functions. But when you feed off of this money to fund your own
lifestyle, and especially when you live better than most of your
congregation, then you are nothing more than a parasite who feeds upon
the weak and feeble minded. There is no reason that someone can't lead
a group of people, and still maintain their own job, and their own
money. Plus keeping people organized, and preventing them from
trampling on the rights and beliefs of others, at the same time.

Believe me, Bill. I know all about growm-up children. But take it from
me, it has nothing at all to do with economics. I've heard the
argument before about those surcharges to pay your bill at the grocery
store. But hey, it's not free to buy, and install the equipment
necessary for this conveinence. And after all, when those bills are
mailed out, return envelopes are included so that they can easily mail
their payments back in. Their lack of a checking account is no one
elses fault but their own.

I've tried to help people out. I've given out many 2nd chances. But
it's just not worth it to try and save everyone. Especially since it
truly is impossible. Sure I've been shit on before when I try to be
kind and help someone. But to be angry about that is wasted. Because a
true act of kindness doesn't ask for anything in return. So I can only
be mad at myself, if at all.

Now the problem here is, that we can't keep trying to carry the burden
for these people. By doing so, we only teach them to rely upon the
efforts of others. After all, give a man a fish, and he eats once.
Teach him to fish, and he's fed for life.

Now, does that mean that we shouldn't help out these unfortunete
people? Absolutely not. BUT, we don't give them our asistance. We
share with them our knowlege, and we put them to work, utilizing the
tools which we have given them. Making people learn for themselves is
the only way that they will appriciate, and take advantage of what
they have. Especially if we force them to earn it, rather than give it
to them. Now, does that mean that we have to increase their already
difficult burdon in life? No. We do not demand anything other than the
positive results of their future actions.

Now things do happen in cycles. Someone grows up poor, and works their
ass off their entire lives to save up, and become wealthy. They then
give their children the things that they always wanted, and thus their
kids become spoiled, and piss it all away. So their children and
grandchildren grow up poor.... I fully believe that Nancy Reagan's
"Just Say No!" campaign had far less to do with reducing drug abuse,
than say the masses of children who saw the wasted by-products of drug
abuse cause by the love generation.

Now don't think however that being poor=ignorant. Or that this is only
an issue with those in lower income/educational brackets. Stupidity
knows know bounds when you give out your personal information to
strangers over the phone, via e-mail, or when you are so full of
self-doubt that you refuse to adapt yourself to learning new
technology as it comes out. Try working technical support, and you'll
see just how helpless so many members of our society really are.

No matter what the individual issue is that we're dealing with, the
same solution applies. Tech people who want to learn, and take
measures to ensure that they'll keep what knowlege they gain sacred.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:

> As a religious leader myself, I do wonder about your 7th paragraph...
>
> There is a definite "economics of poverty". These are the poor souls
> being bypassed in America today -- the ones paying utility bills at
> Piggly Wiggly, with a surcharge, because they have no checking
> accounts for automatic drafts. The ones paying exorbitant interest at
> pay day lenders because they never learned the concept of budgeting.
> The ones who rent their furniture and appliances by the week. The ones
> who may be illiterate and buy their food by pictures on the packages,
> not prices on the shelves. The ones who get basic medical care in an
> ER rather than preventatively from a physician. And so on and so on...
> There are millions of them already, and their numbers are growing.
>
> Part of my schooling is an internship at the courthouse. There is a
> constant parade of these pitiful people passing through. I call them
> "adult children" because they never finished the sociological
> development you and I take for granted. They may be 20 or 30 years old
> in body, but they think and act with minds LESS developed than high
> school students. Many of them were children of children (pregnant at
> 15), and now are 35 year old grandparents. It's really quite sad.
>
> Bill Robertson

click here