[DMCForum] Re: CAR NEARLY STOLEN

If something like that happened to Alistair, he'd be martyred. And
later one everyone would be sorry, and we'd miss him, and have some
sort of rememberence for him.

Love my enemy? No. I'll do my best to understand why they have done to
me what they have. And they I will confront them about it, if I can.
And thus develope an understanding between us, in an effort to
reconsile. If that is appropriate.

Simply going around and loving everyone around me, would indeed make
me an idiot. That's like a whore who fucks anyone for money. What
value is my love, if I'm so willing to just give it up for anyone? How
do my loved ones and family know that they are special to me, if I
treat any random stranger the street the same way?

Now, will I treat someone with dignity? Of course. because that in
itself is a basic human right that everyone is entitled to. I will not
simply kick someone when they're down, because I can. I can't ignore
human suffering, simply because "It isn't any of my business" which is
used as an excuse by many to not get involved. I see someone doing
wrong to someone else, I'll do what I can, when I can to stop it.

Forgiveness is just like love. If I forgive anyone who does any wrong
to me, I'm just a willing victim who doesn't even have the self-esteem
to care about myself. After all, if treating others like shit is
wrong, they what makes denying/punishing yourself and different.
Especially since many people view suicide to be the same as murder.
Just a murder that you've commited against yourself.

Now just because I choose not to forgive someone, doesn't mean that I
am going to hold a grudge. Like the legal concept of "Nolo Contendre"
I do not admit neither guilt nor innocence in a matter. I simply agree
that something happened, be it good or bad. And then I move on in
life. It's the same when you don't forgive someone. I don't accept the
wrong doing that has occured to me, I say that it happened, and move
on. But I do get on with my life, and don't dwell upon it.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Tell me Alistair,
>
> What if by some mistake you fell into a situation where it
> looked like you were the bad guy.  You are really the good
> guy, but evidence suggests that you are the guilty party.
> Now lets say that this evidence seems so comprehensive and
> you appear so guilty that we need not even have a trial or
> hear any explanation from you.  Instead an angry mob murders
> you.
>
> Is this the way that you want to be treated?  I like to
> treat people the way that I like to be treated.  It seems
> that it would make me poor and subject me to much abuse.
> But really it is not so bad.  So much good comes from it
> that I can no longer resist the urge.  I always try to treat
> others better than I treat myself.
>
> > The one thing I will not be doing is "forgiving" them
> > for their actions and for you to even mention this is
> beyond the realms of
> > insanity.
>
> I may be a fool, but I am not an idiot.  You cannot carry a
> grudge to any place other than a grave.  I hope that you
> learn this only in theory and not via experimentation.
>
> Walt

click here