[DMCForum] Re: Videobob is angry with me...

[DMCForum] Re: Videobob is angry with me...

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
wrote:
> I accept your apology

Thank you.

> My anger with you was mostly that you make me out to be some vulture
who is
> "ripping people off", and that is not fair.

Perhaps it's not fair, but it's certainly how a lot of us feel. If
you'd like, we could start a poll: "What is your perception of Robert
Moseley?" The results may surprise you. You may have good intentions,
but certain business decisions make it appear otherwise.

> My LED's plug in with no modifications to the car

Yes, but you buy them that way from a retail supplier. Let me provide
you with another comparison: Steve S is also involved with LEDs. He
took a bit of time to make a nice cross reference, and he gave it to
the community free of charge:

http://www.projectdelorean.com/leds.html

You buy essentially the same LEDs and sell them at roughly twice the
price. If you don't want to be perceived as a vulture, why didn't you
freely post a list like this on your web site? The answer is you
wanted to make some money. Now I have no problem with this, but the
right way to do it is to setup a wholesale account with the
manufacturer and sell them at a fair markup - just like
superbrightleds.com does.

> and on top of that I get bitched at my people like
> you who expect everything to be free for them.

If you believe that about me, you should chat with our vendors. I
spent over $5,000 last year on parts for my car, 95% of it spread
between Toby, John, Rob & Stephen. Today I'm spending another $400
with Rob and $700 with Stephen. I don't expect anything for free, and
I support our vendors and the community.

> But researching all of the things that I offer for sale to try to
reveal my
> sources
> and under cut me for no reason other than to be spiteful is just a
low thing
> to do.

I have no interest in being spiteful and I'm not researching your
products. If you'll recall, I paid you $30 for $10 worth of LEDs and
$70 for $18 worth of antenna last year. I was subsequently informed of
your business model by others. I've left it alone for the past year,
watching you advertise this stuff on a regular basis, but yesterday
I'd had enough. You could say I was spurred on by some of your recent
posts in this forum.

> Why don't you do this to Rob, Don, John, Toby, Stephen and all the
other
> vendors?

Rob, Don, John, Toby and Stephen don't buy stuff off web sites at
retail and resell way above MSRP. They engineer products, invest money
in tooling and buy supplies in bulk at wholesale. To give you an
example, John's alternators can be bought elsewhere, but the price
difference is negligible because he's buying them wholesale. So when I
need to replace my alternator, I'm calling John because I know the
price is fair. If John just went down to the local NAPA, bought
alternators for $80 that any of us could buy ourselves, then resold
them for $260 and constantly plugged them on the DML, people would
speak up against him as well.

> I have NEVER seen you do that before.
> Why me?
> What did I ever do to you?

You said my people were an "organized crime like business", we should
all "ROT IN JAIL", and you openly mocked me without provocation. You
further posted some quite nasty remarks here aimed at people I
respect. These actions changed my perception of you from "A bit
misguided trying to make a buck, but overall a decent guy" to
something less desirable.

-Ryan

click here