RE: [DMCForum] Videobob is angry with me...

RE: [DMCForum] Videobob is angry with me...

I accept your apology as I always will respect anyone who will at least step
up.
My anger with you was mostly that you make me out to be some vulture who is
"ripping people off", and that is not fair.
There is nothing wrong with doing business, business and retail are simple
and have
never changed.
I would be lying if I said that my items were not marked up for a profit.
The difference is that compared to others, my mark up is less.
There are others who sell the same antenna for $100 or more.
Mine is $50.00

So you found a better deal on one, big deal.
That's great, tell everybody - but that doesn't mean that I am a scam artist
who is taking advantage of people.

If that was true, then everyone who is in business are guilty by your
standards.
Do you really think that Rob, Don, or anyone else who is selling parts is
doing it
for charity?

I buy this stuff in bulk to get the best price and tie up my money having it
in stock,
I spend hours on the phone with who ever calls me to ask questions, and I
make
sure that every DeLorean related product I sell is totally reversible and
does NO harm
to the original car.
My LED's plug in with no modifications to the car, and this is true too with
the antenna
and everything else I sell.
This is why I push my wire harness adapter so that people will not chop up
the
radio wires when they are installing a new radio.

My sales motives are more than profit driven, they are also designed to help
preserve the cars and make them better, and we all know how I feel about
keeping the cars in good shape.
The LED's for instance, this direct plug in system prevents people from
making
bypass switches and other modifications and allows the car to be displayed
with the
lights on which not only looks better but also shows everything to be in
working
condition and makes the open doors safer in the dark.
I don't want a car-show attendee to ask, "how come the door lights don't
work?"
With my LED's in the doors, and through out the car you can leave all the
lights on
as long as you like.
Now I admit, over the years the LED's are getting cheaper and easier to find
and my
sale of them has dropped off, but I am proud of the hundreds of cars out
there that
have my LED's in them and are in a better operating state now.

As far as the antenna's, well, if you can get them that cheap then go ahead
and get it.
I don't care.
If you know enough about your car to install it and figure out the wires
then go ahead,
but don't go behind my back and then expect me to help you out of a jam when
you get your wires crossed or the thing doesn't work.
Support for support.

I do get tired of being shit on.
I don't think I am so bad, I feel like I put a lot of time, money and effort
into my stuff
and I make very little money from it, and on top of that I get bitched at my
people like
you who expect everything to be free for them.
You get what you pay for you know.
That has always been true.

So maybe your right.
Maybe the customer is paying $32 for an installation manual.
Sometimes it's worth it if it means you will get a hassle free installation,
will not
cut any of your wires, and you will have customized instructions for your
car and
someone you can call if something is wrong, someone who has installed
several of these
on actual DeLorean cars... who by the way will install it for FREE if you
bring your car over
to my house. I have even driven to other people's houses and installed the
antenna
into their DeLorean for FREE.

That's the kind of guy I am.
NOT as you described me.
So I get very hurt and defensive when people accuse me of that sort of
thing.

Hey, if you want to make it your spare time to inform all of the owners of
all the
latest and greatest improvements for their cars and where to get them,
great.
But researching all of the things that I offer for sale to try to reveal my
sources
and under cut me for no reason other than to be spiteful is just a low thing
to do.
Why don't you do this to Rob, Don, John, Toby, Stephen and all the other
vendors?
I have NEVER seen you do that before.
Why me?
What did I ever do to you?