Re: [DMCForum] Re: Trademark

--- ryanpwright <yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Either way, the end result is the same: Both the
> Ford trademarks and
> DMC were registered by somebody else. Hence, they
> have a new legal owner.

It is only legal is someone has challenged it, and
lost.

> Obviously not, or if they did, then they lost,
> because DMCH still
> holds them.

DMCH?  I know no one has challenged DMCH..  My
question was if anyone challenged the "GT-40"?

> Why do you want anyone to challenge them? It's nice
> to have someone
> capable (read: $$$) and willing to protect the DMC
> trademarks who is
> also on our side. Obviously they should be good
> stewards of the
> community with it. However, if DMCH didn't have it,
> somebody else
> might, and that somebody else could very well sue
> the bloody hell out
> of all our vendors just because he can.

Nah, I think is "someone else" registered it then
maybe DMCH would have taken the lead to challenge it.

If what you are saying is true (about DMCH), then DMCH
should accept my proposal (or something similar) on
how to deal with trademark licensing.

I see no evidence that DMCH is motivated to protect
the trademarks from abuse.  Why else would they have
allowed it to be put on a bottle of whine?  (what
started this thread, if you remember).  How did the
DeLorean community benefit from this?  IMHO, they
whore out the trademark to sell some whine and make a
few Benjamin's for themselves.