RE: [DMCForum] Re: The Angry Highway.

> One little thing about big trucks, the drivers are at work while they
> are on the road.  They do not want to get in an accident for several
> reasons

First let me say that I have tremendous respect for big rigs, Greg,
exactly for that reason, although I remember hearing from a trucker
that if there's a choice between a wreck that isn't the trucker's fault
vs an evasive action that could result in the rig's culpability, the
driver will choose the former.

I know that was a long and convoluted sentence, but basically a
trucker will hit you if it's your fault rather than swerve to avoid you
if it puts his rig (and insurance) in jeopardy.

I scared the shit out of myself when I drove my brand-new-to-me
Delorean home from Phoenix,  passing everything on the road
because I had no clue how fast I was going but I was having a
helluva good time.  I was flying down the left lane, which I had all to
myself, when a trucker in the right lane signaled to pass a slower
car.  He started to wander in front of me, not wanting to slow down
and then have to speed up again after I went by, but I was so close
all I could do was flash my brights and hope he'd rethink the
situation.  Fortunately he did - else I wouldn't be writing this right
now.  Can you say breadbox?

click here