[DMCForum] Re: The Angry Highway.

Ignore my earlier question about where this came from...I wasn't
reading any of the SUV posts, and I am assuming this is where your
post spawned from.

One more thing I forgot to mention....don't mess with Semi trucks.
Cutting one off...extremely bad idea.  Leave those guys out of your
trouble...they have enough to worry about.

Dave Jacobs

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave" <v-davidj@xxxx> wrote:

> Robert...
>
> Holy crap man!  You feel better?  Where did this come from?
>
> One thing I think you forgot to mention is that some people just
> frankly don't know what the hell they are doing.  They are so
> ignorant about the laws and the capabilities of their vehicles that
> they make foolish moves.  I.e.  Austin Powers style U turn in a major
> intersection during rush hour (my fav), not taking a free right at a
> stop light, and everyone's favorite, riding in the passing lane
> at or below the posted speed limit.
>
> I personally feel that road rage isn't the problem, yet a side
> effect of other problems such as inadequate drivers' education.  I
> believe that more aggressive education and testing is the key.
> Let's not give a license to just any monkey who can fill in the
> circle with a #2 pencil.  Some people are also very timid and
> intimidated by their vehicles or other vehicles around them, so they
> drive extremely cautiously which usually means slow and clumsy.
>
> I think that you have a lot of interesting things to say, and while I
> certainly agree with most of what you have said, others I am not so
> sure about.
>
> I.e.  Part 3. The Duel.
>
> If someone is tailgating you and flashing you, don't ignore it.
> Simply get out of the way.  If you are not in a rush, then you should
> have plenty of time to just move over and get out of the way.  How do
> you know that this person isn't rushing to get to a hospital or some
> other emergency?  Furthermore, if you slow this person down now, just
> means they may go even faster once they get past you to make up for
> lost time and may become even more aggressive putting someone else in
> danger.  Or simply get pissed at you and then you become a target.
> Why waste your time by getting involved with them?  So much easier to
> just move out of the way?and if it makes you feel better, call
> him any one of several creative colloquialisms as he passes. (I know
> this forum has many to choose from)
>
> A philosophy my father passed onto me when I got my drivers license
> has always kept me out of trouble and safe.  Simply put, don't be
> an obstacle.  Be aware of everything around you and stay out of the
> way.  If I'm doing 80mph in the fast lane, and someone is
> barreling up on me, I check to make sure it's safe to move over,
> and do so.  What's so hard about that?  I certainly agree with you
> that people taking matters into their own hands and becoming self
> imposed Police Officers contribute to, if not incite, road rage.
>
> He also said, if you cut someone off or pull a stupid move,
> acknowledge it by giving a wave.  Even if you don't think you did
> anything wrong, waving, most of the time, can calm situations before
> they get heated.  Just this morning, I cut around this guy who was
> bobbing and weaving through the lanes at 25mph on a 40mph road trying
> to figure out where he wanted to be.  We were the only ones on the
> [...]

click here