[DMCForum] Re: Funny H2 Story..

For production Mopar, there are a variety of things that I like about
the cars. Here's a couple of quick topics:

1. Comfortable interiors: Be it perforated leather, fuzzy or durable
cloth, I feel warm and comfortable.
2. Ergonomics: I don't have to lean over to grab anything.
3. Big ass dashboard: I like the oldschool feeling of a big car.
4. Decent Cupholders.
5. Innovative controls: Twist the headlight switch like normal, but
pull it to activate fog lights/factory radio buttons that hold two
stations/AC button in the middle of the vent switch/AutoStick!
6. No unexpected problems: All cars have quirks that need to be
worked out, so I know what I'm getting into. Unlike Fords that are
hit or miss.
7. Aftermarket support: As diehard a support network as DeLoreans and
Miatas, yet some of the most level-headed people I've ever met.
8. No Dodge owners have EVER dogged my DeLorean. Even when I wear my
DMC shirt to a Mopar show.
9. Safe vehicles: I slammed a '96 1500 Van into a late model Olds. I
walked away with only a burned shirt from the air bag. The other
people had to be pulled/cut out of their car. And I still drove that
big bastard back to the office with the A/C on!

Admittedly, current Mopar owners played a big part in my decision.
All were friendly and informative about their cars. Weather it was a
PowerWagon, a Dodge Bros. coupe, a Super Bird, or Shelby CSX, all
were very friendly, willing to answer questions, and never had a bad
word to say about any other cars.

Of course there are exceptions to this I know, but not in what was
presented to the public. Plus at every Mopar show I've attended,
people always drive their cars on the street, and even leave the
windows down. And not once do any of the people there touch the cars.
That alone left quite an impression on me.

And that's not to say that there are not things about Chrysler cars
taht I don't like. Such as:

1. Quirky engineering: I have to tilt my truck up on ramps to
properly bleed it.
2. Creaky suspension.
3. Boring instrument clusters.
4. Once a model comes out, it remains stagnant for many years.
5. Frustraiting Management: "Yeah, let's make cool concepts that
everyone wants, and then give the public a mediocre car (Dodge
Charger)" or the flip side of: "Let's spend tons of money perfecting
one car, and just as it gets popular/reliable with it's souped-up
version, we can cancel it's production! (Dodge Neon/SRT-4)".
6. Complete mis-management by the Germans @ Daimler: They took all
the royalties from Chrysler's patents, yet gave back mediocre
engineering data, and consistantly mistreat the Chrysler division. No
MBs or PT Cruisers for any Chrysler employees. But the Daimler people
got to drive whatever they want. I so hope Kirk Kekorian is sucessful
with his law suit against them.

Me? I'm a DeLorean man, with Mopar as a prefered alternative, but not
a limitation.

-Robert

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:

> Robert, Just curious. What is it about Mopar that you like? My dad
> loves Mopar too but I don't really like the new Mopar. The Mopar
from
> the muscle era was really good but the Mopar now, to me, is just
like
> all the other car sompanies, They're trying to make as big of a
> profit as possible by compromising quality. I work at a Mopar
> dealership and I can't tell you how many parts come from the
factory
> broken and how many lemons we get. It's pretty sad. But I drive
Mopar
> so I can't be doggin on it. I agree with you on the drivetrain on
the
> RAnger. It's not very durable. Although the Ranger I had was the
best
> vehicle I have owned. Way better than Mopar ;-)
>
> Josh
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> > <SNIP>
> > > All I'm into is DeLoreans and Ford Rangers. Odd combination if
> you
> > > ask me but what can I say.
> > >
> > > I'm learning stuff from you guys.
> > >
> > > Josh
> > >

> > I so hope that ford puts a better 5-speed manual transmission in
the
> > Ranger/B-Series pickups than they do the Explorers/Mountaineers
that
> > share the same drivetrain. I have a nasty habit of speedshifting
my
> > cars. 2 Dodge Dakotas, 1 DeLorean, and one '96 F-150 XLT. All
took
> my
> > abuse fine. The Explorer, I've already torn the syncros up in. It
> > shifts easier into Reverse, than it does 1st gear.
> >
> > Some people are Ford people, some are GM people, etc. Me? I'm a
> > DeLorean guy. Any other cars I drive are only toys to me.
Although I
> > prefer Mopar as my first choice as a DeLorean alternative. A HUGE
> > aftermarket network for data & parts. Plus I rank Mopar people on
> par
> > with DeLorean owners. Overwhelming majority are friendly, and
eager
> > help others out. Plus I like to know what quirks my car has
before I
> > buy it.
> >
> > -Robert

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor