[DMCForum] Re: Funny H2 Story..

That is cool that you are that passionate about Mopar and DeLoreans.
Mostly everybody I talk to don't really care what kind of car they
drive as long as it gets them from point a to point b. To me, driving
should be fun and just driving to point a to point b isn't really fun.
I respect you likeing Mopar. I don't, but like you said before some
are Ford, some are Chevy, and some are Mopar. Maybe in a few years
we'll see some Cherys :-)

Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:

> For production Mopar, there are a variety of things that I like
about
> the cars. Here's a couple of quick topics:
>
> 1. Comfortable interiors: Be it perforated leather, fuzzy or
durable
> cloth, I feel warm and comfortable.
> 2. Ergonomics: I don't have to lean over to grab anything.
> 3. Big ass dashboard: I like the oldschool feeling of a big car.
> 4. Decent Cupholders.
> 5. Innovative controls: Twist the headlight switch like normal, but
> pull it to activate fog lights/factory radio buttons that hold two
> stations/AC button in the middle of the vent switch/AutoStick!
> 6. No unexpected problems: All cars have quirks that need to be
> worked out, so I know what I'm getting into. Unlike Fords that are
> hit or miss.
> 7. Aftermarket support: As diehard a support network as DeLoreans
and
> Miatas, yet some of the most level-headed people I've ever met.
> 8. No Dodge owners have EVER dogged my DeLorean. Even when I wear
my
> DMC shirt to a Mopar show.
> 9. Safe vehicles: I slammed a '96 1500 Van into a late model Olds.
> walked away with only a burned shirt from the air bag. The other
> people had to be pulled/cut out of their car. And I still drove
that
> big bastard back to the office with the A/C on!
>
> Admittedly, current Mopar owners played a big part in my decision.
> All were friendly and informative about their cars. Weather it was
> PowerWagon, a Dodge Bros. coupe, a Super Bird, or Shelby CSX, all
> were very friendly, willing to answer questions, and never had a
bad
> word to say about any other cars.
>
> Of course there are exceptions to this I know, but not in what was
> presented to the public. Plus at every Mopar show I've attended,
> people always drive their cars on the street, and even leave the
> windows down. And not once do any of the people there touch the
cars.
> That alone left quite an impression on me.
>
> And that's not to say that there are not things about Chrysler cars
> taht I don't like. Such as:
>
> 1. Quirky engineering: I have to tilt my truck up on ramps to
> properly bleed it.
> 2. Creaky suspension.
> 3. Boring instrument clusters.
> 4. Once a model comes out, it remains stagnant for many years.
> 5. Frustraiting Management: "Yeah, let's make cool concepts that
> everyone wants, and then give the public a mediocre car (Dodge
> Charger)" or the flip side of: "Let's spend tons of money
perfecting
> one car, and just as it gets popular/reliable with it's souped-up
> version, we can cancel it's production! (Dodge Neon/SRT-4)".
> 6. Complete mis-management by the Germans @ Daimler: They took all
> the royalties from Chrysler's patents, yet gave back mediocre
> engineering data, and consistantly mistreat the Chrysler division.
No
> MBs or PT Cruisers for any Chrysler employees. But the Daimler
people
> got to drive whatever they want. I so hope Kirk Kekorian is
sucessful
> with his law suit against them.
>
> Me? I'm a DeLorean man, with Mopar as a prefered alternative, but
not
> a limitation.
>
> -Robert
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Robert, Just curious. What is it about Mopar that you like? My
dad
> > loves Mopar too but I don't really like the new Mopar. The Mopar
> from
> > the muscle era was really good but the Mopar now, to me, is just
> like
> > all the other car sompanies, They're trying to make as big of a
> > profit as possible by compromising quality. I work at a Mopar
> > dealership and I can't tell you how many parts come from the
> factory
> > broken and how many lemons we get. It's pretty sad. But I drive
> Mopar
> > so I can't be doggin on it. I agree with you on the drivetrain on
> the
> > RAnger. It's not very durable. Although the Ranger I had was the
> best
> > vehicle I have owned. Way better than Mopar ;-)
> >
> > Josh
> >

> > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas"
<dmcvegas@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > <SNIP>
> > you

> > > I so hope that ford puts a better 5-speed manual transmission
in
> the
> > > Ranger/B-Series pickups than they do the Explorers/Mountaineers
> that
> > > share the same drivetrain. I have a nasty habit of
speedshifting
> my
> > > cars. 2 Dodge Dakotas, 1 DeLorean, and one '96 F-150 XLT. All
> took
> > my
> > > abuse fine. The Explorer, I've already torn the syncros up in.
It
> > > shifts easier into Reverse, than it does 1st gear.
> > >
> > > Some people are Ford people, some are GM people, etc. Me? I'm a
> > > DeLorean guy. Any other cars I drive are only toys to me.
> Although I
> > > prefer Mopar as my first choice as a DeLorean alternative. A
HUGE
> > > aftermarket network for data & parts. Plus I rank Mopar people
on
> > par
> > > with DeLorean owners. Overwhelming majority are friendly, and
> eager
> > > help others out. Plus I like to know what quirks my car has
> before I
> > > buy it.
> > >
> > > -Robert

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor