RE: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH open house...

I'm not sure, but I think the price also includes the go-kart racing, if
that is true then that
is about $20 worth of the price last time I went karting....
Ken had explained to me that when you host a catered event that the meal
price
is usually $50 per person when you account for the setting, the help, food,
drink, etc...
And it can't be cheap to fly Bill Collins in from England (or where ever he
is living over there)
and also put him up in a hotel, that's at least $1500 or $2000 worth of
travel.

So if they have a 150 people at $109.95 each, that is $16,492.00
I would say that if you subtracted some costs they could be pocketing $5K
when it's over.
...but who cares?
When I go to Vegas every year I shell out $85 for Cirque de Soleil, then
another $100 for Blue Man Group, then maybe $65 for George Carlin, $80 for
Tom Jones..... the list goes on.
So if I can buy a ticket for $109 that lets me meet and hear from Bill
Collins, a star in the
world of DeLoreans, see the prototype car, get dinner, get discounts on DMCH
merch,
meet some of the people I have learned to know on the list and have an all
DeLorean
weekend I don't think it is a huge price to pay.
It all depends on how much of a fan you are of the car.

If you are a seasoned veteren of these cars, then it might not exite someone
like Marc
who has one of the collectable cars himself.

I am still a newbie only having my car for about 16 months now, so I still
have some
fire in my belly and I want to know all I can about the cars and the people
who helped
make them.

You know, Wal-Mart does not have the most ethical policies either, but they
are the
worlds biggest retail chain and even though I hate the way they do business
I am
guilty of shopping there.
No matter your opinion of DMCH, when I needed a hood and windshield all the
other
vendors let me down. DMCH put in my windsheild and I usually get my parts
from them
next day. What else can I say?

Videobob and The Dallas Fort Worth DeLorean Motor Club will be there!

- Videobob

>From: "sandorp1" <piszar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DMCForum] Re: DMCH open house...
>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:04:03 -0000
>

>Excellent point VB.  They have a conference room scheduled for two
>nights, meals and excellent guest speakers.  Sounds like a pretty
>cheap date to me!!  I would venture to guess they are about break-
>even on all of that for the registration fee.  And why shouldn't they
>want to make some money on parts sales??  Last time I checked, that's
>what businesses do.  And why wouldn't we want to support a business
>that helps us keep our cars on the road and looking good?
>
>A weekend on the cheap with a group of Delorean enthusiasts, the
>opportunity to drive my car on a fun road trip and the chance to hear
>guests that were there in the "good old days"?  Count me in!
>

>Sandor
># 3002
>

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
>wrote:
> > Hey Marc....
> > What does it matter that DMCH was selling stuff at the DSC show?
> > What else would you expect them to do? That is what they are
>business to do.
> > They have a $46 million dollar inventory they need to get rid of.
> >
> > Now, I agree that spending over $100 to attend the open house kind
>of sucks
> > when they are going to be basically selling to us, but Ken can tell
>you how
> > much it
> > costs to cater and feed people.
> > They are also paying for special guests visiting from over seas to
>come and
> > speak,
> > and the other events too....

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor