[DMCForum] Re: DMCH open house...

I actually agree with Bob. It seems to me, that kind of "why don't
they do it for free" crying is just more of the usual Dale
Gribble "DeLorean industrial complex" conspiricy theory crap.

Let's see if I can break this concept down:

Despite the fact that we are (supposedly) a small, close-knit
community, I would totally expect DMCH to charge for this event and
try to sell merchandise. The beauty of living in the free world is
that no one is forcing you to attend, and if you choose to fork out a
measely $100.00 for registration, no one is forcing you to purchase
any parts while you attend.

You know, Houston is facing stiff competition these days from lower
priced vendors like John Hervey, Toby and even Josh Haldeman. Do you
expect them to sit quietly while their share of the market is nickle-
and-dimed away? This is how the free-market system works. I don't see
the mystery. Certainly, I will admit that I'm glad these other
vendors have come into being because it makes Houston compete in
pricing and product innovation.

I would never expect any business to host a week-long event for me
for free. Houston is in business for the love of the car, and to make
a living, and to make a retirement nest egg just like everyone else.
They aren't in business for the good of all humanity.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Videobob Moseley" <videobob@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hey Marc....
> What does it matter that DMCH was selling stuff at the DSC show?
> What else would you expect them to do? That is what they are
business to do.
<snip>
> -VB

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor