[DMCForum] Re: Mystery D in AR

<<Later when Consolidated Intl. took over the company, they bought back
parts inventories from the dealerships that didn't want them. LV was
one such dealership. This was told to me directly from the Parts
Manager at the Dodge dealership here who helped to personally pack
everything, and send it off.>>

Now that's the first time I ever heard that Consolidated bought back any inventories.  When I started Specialty Automotive in 1986 I traveled all over the country searching out inventories, and at that time probably 75% were still intact.  I bought out 29 of them, and while there were a few others competing with me, I never heard that Consolidated was one of them.  One of the dealer inventories I bought was in Houston, right under the nose of Stephen (this was before he bought out KAPAC).  It included a non-running car into which I dropped a totally chromed and polished single-turbo motor.  It has just recently been finished by its current owner.
Just a bit of DMC trivia, unlike 14 of the 20 messages in the 2/16 digest.
Darryl T.