[DMCForum] Re: Hunting grounds

Elvis,

Thanks for the tip on disconnecting the door lights. I'll try that.

I have already disconnected the engine compartment light and the
bonnet light and the dome lights for testing as you said. The ground
remains, which means it's deeper in the center of the harness.

I have also already inspected the center console wiring and couldn't
find anything wrong there either.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxx>
wrote:
> Rich,
> if you don't wanna take off the T-Panel (which isn't really hard)
then
> try to get to the connectors for the doors inside the car.
> Take off the board on the rear shelf and follow the harness.
> Right behind the side cover (that covers the rear speaker ) there
should
> be a connector on each side. Pull it - and the door lights should be
> disconnected.
>
> If you ever installed the Wing-a-loft kit from Toby you should know
what I'm
> talking about.
>
> Also take a look at the interior lamps because they have a ground
line and a
> feed line directly connected. Pull them out and see if they have
melted or
> the
> plastic is broken somehow.
>
> There is also a connector for the rear harness to the engine
compartment
> light.
> Pull that connector - it is under the cover near the coil.
>
> Don't forget the trunk light - it's on the same wire as the other
lights.

> And do yourself a favour and do NOT use a 30A fuse to toast your
harness.
> Use your multimeter and measure the resistance.(Does it have a
beeper ? very
> handy !)
>
> The switches can't be the culprits - they are behind the bulbs so
it doesn't
> matter
> when they are connected to ground - this is what they do themselves.
>
> If it is NOT in the doors and not in the engine compartment - then
I'd