RE: [DMCForum] Internet Speed

I got it for free for 1st month and then $44.00 after.  Basically the same
price Brighthouse charges for RoadRunner Cable broadband.  Verizon installed
the fiber over the last year in my area and then did the free install of the
fiber to the house and upgraded box ( no more copper for me lol).  The box
is bigger than a normal tele box, but had 10/100 ether (will be upgraded to
gig in coming months), and the connection for the TV service.  The phone
system and internet are all fiber now and the TV service rolls out here in
July.  The tech told me they decided on Microsoft TV and their own
programming system from the ground up.  They are talking about 400+
channels, 20+ HDTV, 2000 on demand shows monthly.  They said they needed
something to bring customers to switch, so they abandoned and DirecTv deal
and decided on their own system.  We were the second area in the country to
get it thru Verizon (Texas was first for testing).  I know SBC is doing it
in Ohio, but not as ambitious as Verizon.  I have to run a Gov speed test
site as the usual speed tests don't cover up to 15 Meg/Sec. downstream.

Jack Stiefel -- Tampa, Florida

<http://www.fmtimemachine.com> www.fmtimemachine.com

Direct listen link:  <http://www.live365.com/stations/radiocape>
www.live365.com/stations/radiocape