RE: [DMCForum] Car Covers priced too low...

RE: [DMCForum] Car Covers priced too low...

Im no lawyer, but...

http://www.ftc.gov/bc/compguide/illegal.htm

"Resale price maintenance agreements. Vertical
price-fixing -- an agreement between a supplier and a
dealer that fixes the minimum resale price of a
product -- is a clear-cut antitrust violation. It also
is illegal for a manufacturer and retailer to agree on
a minimum resale price. "

then, typical of bullshit laws for big business in
this country... they blow it out of the water:

"The antitrust laws, however, give a manufacturer
latitude to adopt a policy regarding a desired level
of resale prices and to deal only with retailers who
independently decide to follow that policy. A
manufacturer also is permitted to stop dealing with a
retailer who breaches the manufacturer?s resale price
maintenance policy. That is, the manufacturer can
adopt the policy on a 'take it or leave it' basis. "

Based on this second paragraph, I guess you can sell
the car cover for whatever you want... and the
supplier can choose to no longer send them to you.

> It depends on the manufacturer.  They can set an
> MSRP as a guideline, but
> you are usually free to go a little higher or lower.
>  Some will state that
> if you price it too low, it will reduce it's
> quality.  Yes, I know Dave :)
> Another way to say it is the perceived quality of
> the item.  All things
> being equal, a $60.00 car cover can't possibly be as
> good as a $99.95 car
> cover.
>
> Greg

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail