Re: [DMCForum] Discrimination: Actually DeLorean related.

Re: [DMCForum] Discrimination: Actually DeLorean related.

My problems with Gary are totally different.
God damned that is a long story.

The thing is, if John had gone out and done what I did by getting his own
set of stripes
and making them like I did then I would have had a different attitude about
the whole thing.
It was the method that bothered me.
I think I explained that enough.
To be honest, I don't feel good about bad mouthing John but the subject came
to mind
and people asked me to elaborate on it so I did.
I regret that something stupid like this has damaged our relationship.
It wasn't without trying, I made calls and emails to John including driving
all the
way out there to talk to him face to face and try to work it out.
He simply told me "I am doing it and I don't care what you think".
I guess he assumed I would just take the defeat, tuck my tail between my
legs
and never mention it again.
Not my style.

As far as Gary goes, he was biased against me from the beginning because of
a disagreement
I had with his buddy Bruce.
I bought one of Bruce's Flux Capacitors and was a little disappointed with
it.
I thought it was goofy that he issues a "Certificate of Authenticity" with
it and claims
to build props for Universal Studios.
I questioned this because I kept finding so many inaccuracies with Bruce's
props.
So Bruce and others challenged me to do better, which is a challenge I
always take on.
So I built my own versions which I feel were not only more accurate but
about half the price.
The thing is, Gary, Bruce, myself and everyone else is replicating props
that we see in the movie.
So how is it that any of us could "steal" from one another?
There are plenty of people making their own props and selling them, but I am
the
one who is accused of "stealing"? What?
Mine are nothing like the others, because mine look like the one in the
movie and
the others out there I have seen look like something else.
Gary has a great little website where he is the king.
The last thing he wants is someone else like me who presents a threat to his
ego.

When I decided to do what all these other guys claim to do, by making a
website
that really does support the fans Gary felt it was the last straw.
He used to feel so powerful by keeping all the secrets and sources, so I
simply
made a website teaching how to make the props for pennies on the dollar, and
also
posted all of the printable images of BTTF props that are being sold by
everyone.

See for yourself, go look at Gary's site and then look at mine and see who's
is the most
helpful : http://www.bttfstuff.com

I am not surprised at all that there other BTTF guys would gang up on me,
I revealed that many of them are hording parts and hiding resources and
keeping all the
secrets. It is only after I reveal things that Gary or others post it up.
I have yet to see Gary offer up any tutorials or secret sources as I have on
how
to build props.
We will see.

This is the same problem I had on the DML.
He I am a nobody in the DeLorean world and I am posting articles in
magazines,
selling parts, offering upgrades and advice.
A few people took offense and it only takes a one person to write an opinion
and hundreds to read it.
Out of almost 1500 members there is only a handful of people who live all
day long
on there, and along I come and chime in like I am one of the guys and no one
knows who I am.
I tend to jump head first into things and it get's me into trouble.
Instead of coming in with my hat in my hand, I walk in the place like a big
shot.
I am trying to learn to be more tactful about this but it is hard because I
am used to being the center of attention.

Who else would drive around is such a pretentious car?
This is why there is so much pissing contests on these sites, we are all
type A personalities
clashing with one another like mountain goats.
If any of us were meek and shy we would be on the Ford Escort website right
now.

;P

- VB