Re: VW Jetta (was Job for Flavia? ) WAS:Re: [DMCForum] Re: Tom'sDMC12...

Re: VW Jetta (was Job for Flavia? ) WAS:Re: [DMCForum] Re: Tom'sDMC12... for sale!?

therealdmcvegas wrote:

>Bettles have a unique styling, and Golfs do serve a purpose as a hatchback alternative to
>the Honda Civic. So I can understand the appeal of these cars. The Touareg is Germany's
>answer to the Nissan Murano. A "Cute-Ute" for people that never intend to off-road,
>except for lawns, and snowy roads. And as for the rest of VW's line up, all I can say is
>*uninspirational*.

The Touareg is far from a "cute-ute" it is a Porsche Cayenne with less
interior and a slightly less powerful engine.  Comparing it to the
Morono maybe in size and styling.  Because the VW is truly designed for
on and off-road use with it 3" adjustable suspension.  And when it comes
to towing cap for anyone that wants to pull a boat or camper I believe
the nissan can only handle about 3200lb where the V6 VW can pull
7700lb.  The interesting thing with the VW is that tow cap is limited
due to the vehical weight not the engine power.  It simply isn't safe to
pull a larger trailer , according to the gov and manufacture, cause the
truck won't be able to stop in an emergency situation even with trailer
brakes.

>And if anyone ever brags about German engineering when it comes to cars, I've got two
>words: "Diesel Rabbit".

The early diesel rabbits that were brought into the US did have
problems.  But that was not due to design issues, it was due to US gov
regulations on the engines.  I know a couple people that have later
rabbits with close to 1million miles.  They live up in Canada and have
to plug the block heater in, but diesel owners in FL have to do that as
well, and have no problems with cold morning starts like the early cars did.

Andrei