[DMCForum] Re: Wholesale DeLorean slaughter (Was: Glove Box problems)

[DMCForum] Re: Wholesale DeLorean slaughter (Was: Glove Box problems)

Rich,

For one I know that a DeLorean has an internal combustion engine and
all of internal combustion engines are the same basic consept but
laid out differently. Two, I have a buddy who owns a Volvo shop and
told me he worked on a DeLorean back in the late 80's so I am sure
that he will help if I need any help. The pounding something into the
anthill,uhh I was talking about the German car. To me DeLoreans are
like.. Lambos you ding one you should be exhiled to Greenland.

I take an automotive class and am learning alot about cars. I know I
am not anywhere close to knowing as much as some people on this list
but for someone comming from my background at my age I'm doing pretty
well.

I already know the answers to your examples of the questions I should
be asking. But it's the kind of knowledge to where I have to show you
not explain you. In other words I don't know how to explain it.

Call me slow in the head or whatever you want to call it but it
sounds like you don't want me to have a DeLorean because I am me. Do
you know what a DeLorean is? A CAR!! Get some metal and plastic and
there you go. I will say that it is the coolest car but it is still a
car when we die it dosn't matter and they will all rot eventually.

I understand of where you are coming from. But I have the freedom of
buying any car I want it's my money and I will spend however I
please. It may be a mistake and it may not.You don't know the car the
I am looking at and you don't know me or my skills. I realize that my
DeLorean will be in my driveway broken alot but it will be my car. I
chose that, that's why I have a truck.

I like constructive critizism but not destructive. It's like rubbing
a porcupine you rub it the right way and it dosn;t hurt but you rub
the wrong way and it hurts.

Don't tell me I can't buy anything because I don't ask the right
questions! You can suggest them but you are not my mom nor dad so
don't boss me around.

By the way Rich I am already on Ritalin.  Was that remark supposed to
be offensive? I take it to stay awake in class not to calm me down.
Do you homework on stuff before you start an arguement with someone.

See you in Chicago in 06 Rich.
            -Josh

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:

> Josh,
>
> If the glove box on a P.O.S. non-DeLorean car is kicking your ass,
> (and more importantly, exhausting your patience) please don't buy a
> DeLorean.
>
> The thought of you pounding any part of a DeLorean into an anthill
> frightens me considerably. If you expect to prevail against the
> mechanical problems that a $7-$10k DeLorean will throw at you, I
> suggest you take some Ritalin, or Prozac to calm yourself down.
>
> I have never seen a person and a machine so perfectly mis-matched
as
> you and a DeLorean. You are a round peg and it is a square hole.
> It's just that simple.
>
> You haven't asked any of us so much as a single mechanical
question.
> Not "How does the cooling system work?", not "Can you explain to me
> the difference between mechanical vs. electronic fuel injection?",
> nothing!
>
> All you're doing is asking questions to projects you could handle
on
> your own (such as stereo install). Your DeLorean is going to be a
> giant, stainless steel lawn ornament with a $7,000 stereo in it. If
> you rip off the trunk lid and pound it into the nearest anthill,
I'm
> sure the luggage compartment will support a lovely array of flowers.
>
> Best of luck (for your car, not for you),
>
> Rich A.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nun Yah" <joshp1986@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   I have a problem. I have a stuburn glove box led that will
close
> > but then it pops back open. Every once in a great while it will
> stay
> > shut but then you bumb it and then the thing starts all over.
It's
> > pretty frustrating because sometimes I just want to rip the dumb
> > thing off and throw around outside and beat it into the ground
> like I
> > used to do to fire ants.
> >   Can anyone help me?

click here