[DMCForum] Re: The athiest gets a christmas gift..

[DMCForum] Re: The athiest gets a christmas gift..

Marc - The machine shop that made my high-strength couplers said
that they could make the input shafts as well.  The per-piece cost
is based on the number of pieces made, because much of the cost of
making machined parts is in the initial setup.  I would have to ask
them what it would be for a one-off.  I don't know if they are open
between Christmas and New Years, but I will give a call tomorrow and
find out.  I get the impression that you are looking for a shaft
that is based on the original, but extends forward the 1/2" to make
up for the spacer plate that you are putting between the
transmission and the engine.  Is that about the extent of it (no pun
intended)?  BTW - Watch out on the 3.5L ... it has the same issue
with air gathering in the top of the engine, causing a localized
over-heat.  My brother had an LHS with that motor, and wound up
having to replace the engine.  A "self-bleeder" will take care of it.

I will let you know what I find out about the shaft.  You'll
obviously want one of my couplers as well, right?  I'll throw in the
high-strength spiral roll pin.

Toby Peterson
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> As an alternative to making something to bring the
> pilot bearing out, I was thinking Toby mentioned
> something about custom input shaft??  Do you have an
> estimate on what this would cost Toby??  Maybe I can
> just have one made that is a little bit longer!  :)
>
> Marc

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here