Porsche Tranny Re: [DMCForum] DIS, and my engine conversion.

Porsche Tranny Re: [DMCForum] DIS, and my engine conversion.

Jim Strickland ran a 993 6-speed with the 3-rotor.  The biggest problem
is the Porsche clutch requires much much more pressure to hold the power
of the engine.  In the 993 along with a different sized hydraulic system
they use a spring to assist in pedal movement.  The other problem he had
was due impart to the engine being too long and having to slide the
tranny fwd as much as possible.  To do this he had to hack and wack the
frame to fit the nosecone in.  This also put CV's at their limit and
they would eat boots every few thousand miles.  He said without the
3-rotor the tranny would fit much better.

If you go to eliseusa.com you can find an e-mail and phone number for
him.  Most of the time he is friendly and willing to talk about the fun
he had with the car.

Almost forgot he did have a slight problem with the shift linkage.  It
had to do with where it was connected to the shifter, but all it did was
invert the pattern.  1st was left and down rather than left and up

Andrei